North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunting has been good so far for sharpies! Also seeing alot more Huns this year.

Looking forward to some more hunting out west in a couple weeks.

· Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Are there quite a few Sharpies in the Mott area? I've never harvested one before and I would love to when I go there in late November...pretty excited about the huns as well!

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hunt a little further East from Mott-but I am sure there are sharpies in that area too. They get a little spooky in the late season though. If there are sunflower fields still standing-they will be in that area. Good luck!

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another good day today for Upland hunting-I don't know that I have ever seen this many sharpies, but we have alot of standing corn and sunflowers in the area.

· Registered
4,642 Posts
nomrcy, don't know how I missed that picture but it is great. What a combo hunt....that's what's so good about hunting ND!

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dick-that is why I like ND!!

Shorthair-I haven't been out West since deer opener, but the numbers of grouse were amazing-they seem to come out more after a snow. Shot my limit of pheasants and grouse both that Saturday and Sunday. Going back for X-mas..... :beer:

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Nice pics! I also shot more sharpies this year and saw a lot more too. Hopefully this winter won't be too hard on them and there'll be plenty around next year too. :beer:

· Registered
794 Posts
i'm jonesin' bad now! 1 month till my annual bird run to north dakota. someday i am going to give in and just move there! came real close a few years ago, but my folks are getting old now and need my help. i wish nd hadn't gone to the stupid 2 week licensing like sd has. makes it a once per year trip for a man off very limited income. i dearly love to hunt the sharptails, maybe more than the pheasants. at least sage grouse season opens tomorrow here in wyo. don't believe the endangered species talk, we have the things in obscene numbers in the better areas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.