North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yesterday was my first waterfowl hunt of the year and it was a good one. My grandpa and I went out and brought 10 dzn snow decoys and a couple canada fullbodies. We set up and waited for the first flight and the first flight was literally 8,000 ducks it was crazy! i have never seen so many ducks wanting to be in our field we were hunting. We passsed on the big flights and just shot singles and pairs. Later in the mourning the snow geese showed up and we put the smack on them also. We had 12 snows before 8:30 and 4 ducks. We then went to breakfast and after breakfast we just waited for the ducks to show up for the evening. We ended up killing 4 more ducks and about 15 minuetes when shootin time was over all the duck were back in the field eatin. It was one of the most memorable hunts there was. One bad thing about it was when we got home my parents were not home because my dog got out of the back yard and got hit by a truck and has to have her leg amputated which really sucks! and to top it all off i couldnt get in the house to get the digital camera until they got home and we were about done cleaning birds and could only get pictures of two snow geese and a wood duck ill post them when i get home from school. all in all we ended up with 6 beautiful greenheads 1 pintail and a wood duck plus 12 snows. so it was a good day! (besides my dog getting hit)
cheers cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts