North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Thompson/Center Contender in 22 Hornet with the Super 16" barrel.I would like to trade this pistol for a 357 mag Lever Action or a Bolt gun in like new/good condition in a 22-250 or something similar. Would consider other guns also so don't be afraid to offer. If I sell it I would like to get $475 out of it. It is in very, very good condition, got it this summer and haven't shot it alot. The metal is probably about 97-98% and the grips/fore-end about 96-97%. PRICE REDUCED TO $450.
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have a Savage 17 HMR with a Tasco 3-9x40, 2 clips and some shells. I have the factory synthetic stock plus the Boyd's(not thumbhole), stock. I could include a Harris Bi-Pod and sling if wanted. I could e-mail pics, don't know how to load them here.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have a Savage in 17 HMR, but if I didn't I take that up in a minute. Thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, sounds like a pretty good deal, but there's not alot of use for a slug gun around here. About the only time I use a shotgun is when I'm either trap shooting and dove hunting. I appriciate the offer though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure it's considered a handgun, I believe the barrel is just short enough (16") If someone knows otherwise, please tell me.
Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I beleive I have to ship to an FFL, I have a guy right here in town with one, and I can ask him. I can let it go for $450. Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
would really like this gun, but can't spend that much right now. Too close to christmas. Any other trades you would be interested in. I have an E-caller for coyote, I think it's value is around $150. Only used a couple times. 22 LR Smith and Wesson, semi auto handgun with a 10 shot clip and 2x reddot sight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i think the laws that define hand gun are different depending on state...here in indiana your gun is considered a hand gun and legal to hunt with if caliber and cartridge length meet minumum reqirements ...have several friends who use them...slap a .35 barrel on it...wow what a deer gun!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I believe that the 35 with a short barrel is ok in Illinois also. I don't have any interest in changing anything, I want it for coyote calling, close range. I used to have one and had to get rid of it.

Could I get more info on the scope? Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The scope is a Simmons Pro Handgun, set 4X. Pretty nice for a Simmons.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sold
Kelly Iappriciate the offers but I found the gun I wanted. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts