North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I haven't used a flag before and am just wondering what types are recommended? When to use them? How to use them (let the wind do the work or do you make the flapping motion)?

·
Registered
194 Posts
The flag I like to use is the FA ones, just my preference. I use them when the geese are at a distance or hit them with it when they are not looking right at you but turning, at the angles. And you should flap the flag yourself. If you ever notice how geese look in a field when ever they stretch their wings or when they land, you want to make it look like that.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The new power flags are the real deal. And the nice thing is I am sure they will last. And even better then take apart so easy. I have two in snow and one in Canada. They have work flawlessly.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree the power flags are great. I have had alot of others break this made it thought late last year and this early season soo its doing good. I Flag not only at a distance but if they are working the decoys away from you any motion they see will help. If they are coming right in on a string give them alittle bit at a distance but than just let it lay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.