North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Fisher Beavertail Comfortzone Blind

11K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  lead gander 
#1 ·
Well, I recently bit the bullet and invested in a layout blind. Since I drive a Bronco, I was looking for something that would fold up and fit in the back. I had my mind made up to buy the Avery Migrator until I heard about the new Fisher Beavertail layout blind.

Last weekend, I stopped in Avon, MN to check out one of these blinds. Needless to say, I bought one. The guys at Fisher Beavertail were very helpful and these things are awesome! They only weigh 12. 5 lbs, they fold up nice and small, and they are extremely comfortable.

If anybody is thinking about investing in a layout blind, I would encourage you to check one of these out.

Hit 'em hard!!!

BigDaddy

#5 ·
Fetch, Avon is just west of St. Cloud about 10 miles. The pics on the website don't do a very good job of showing how small the blind folds up. There are no hard sides or spring-loaded doors, so the blind folds up on itself. The lack of a metal frame also results in a blind that only weighs 12 lbs. With the light weight and padded shoulder straps, a person could hike quite a ways with one of these on their back. For back and shoulder support, there is a triangular piece of foam that makes the blind really comfortable. The blind floor is also padded and waterproof.

I don't know much about their boat blinds, but that is what the company started doing.

The Fisher Beavertail website should have contact information. I traded several emails with them, and they answered every question I had.

#8 ·
This blind looks okay. The only features I don't know about is black netting by the head. It looks rather large. Is this removeable and also the door flaps look white or silver when they are in the open position. This could be bad if birds are sneaking in and you have the doors open. Also what is the length on them? One great feature is they are Made in the USA! There are more pictures of it in Wildfowler Mag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.