North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to see one of the mapping companies develop an online service that one could download plat maps instead of having to buy numberous books. Several companies make topo maps available through such a service for a subscription fee. For a $50 annual fee I'd be willing to bet the company would make more money than selling their map books. It would be very convenient for hunters to scout an area then go back to the hotel, go online and get the ownership info they needed to make contact.

My case is, how many of us who hunt up and down the state want to invest in 10 or 15 plat books which may only be accurate for a few years.
I'm sure I would spend more money via such a service than I would selectively buying whole books but then I would have ONLY the maps I need or want.

·
Registered
93 Posts
problem with this is....

how many hunting groups/buddies would share username and passwords to access these maps. one person purchases, 50 use it under that name. but i guess it is no different than a guy buying a book and copying it even though its stated "do not copy"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.