North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEVILS LAKE, N.D.

An official with the state Game and Fish Department says the number of out-of-state hunting licenses sold in advance of North Dakota's waterfowl opener this weekend is down significantly from last year.

Paul Schadewald heads the department's administrative services division. He says about 4,500 nonresident licenses have been sold so far. He says that's a drop of about 50 percent from the same time last year.

Schadewald says some hunters may wait until the last minute to buy their licenses, but there's no doubt that North Dakota will see fewer duck hunters from other states this fall.

Schadewald says the drop-off could be due to the dry conditions in the western part of the state as well as high gasoline prices that keep people closer to home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,332 Posts
And rightfully so IMO. I think gas prices have a lot to do with people staying closer to home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,113 Posts
:sigh of relief: :lol:

Just kidding.. I love all you silly NR's and your decoy trailers that look like duckboats.. :wink:

On a serious note..
Its not surprising, alot of factor in play here..Low water, High gas prices, and poor economy..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Goose Guy350 said:
I believe he means the length of time NR's are allowed to hunt per license but I could be wrong.
Isn't 14 days of hunting enough. I might hunt 25 days and I live in ND. I have never gone on a 14 day hunt before and only once on a 7 day hunt. I think its alot but I maybe wrong. Maybe I live here for that reason and I feel blessed to be able to do that. Or is it NR hunters are not able to breakup the days more. say 3 day or 4 day weekends?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
cgreeny said:
[Isn't 14 days of hunting enough. I might hunt 25 days and I live in ND. I have never gone on a 14 day hunt before and only once on a 7 day hunt. I think its alot but I maybe wrong. Maybe I live here for that reason and I feel blessed to be able to do that. Or is it NR hunters are not able to breakup the days more. say 3 day or 4 day weekends?
No breaking it up. Two 7 day periods are all we NRs get. I live close to NoDak, so I'd like to jump over the border for 3 or 4 weekends. But I can't. Oh well. Not the end of the world. More MN time I guess.

That and the two 7 day periods need to be declared ahead of time. So no making last minute decisions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
Dunk221999 said:
I can't wait to bust some roosts this weekend! :)

JK- If I never put on another pair of chest waders in my life, I will die a happy man!

Good Luck to all! :beer:
Awe come on man! That's what it's all about. Standing waste deep in 34 degree water!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
just ducky said:
Hooked4life said:
...Just MN teachers and kids for a weekend!! :lol:
Yeah by the way, when is that Minnesota teachers holiday thing, and how long is it? Seems like we run into a bunch of Minnesota teachers each year when we come out.
MEA weekend. October 15 -19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Correct, 14 days would be great. However I am unable to take a lot of time off during the week. As I understand it, you can only select two 7 day periods? Maybe I am wrong? Basically that is only a couple two day weekends that I would be able to come. I remember years before that law and the gas was under $1 :eek: That I was in ND almost every weekend. That's all I was saying I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,180 Posts
ruger1 said:
cgreeny said:
[Isn't 14 days of hunting enough. I might hunt 25 days and I live in ND. I have never gone on a 14 day hunt before and only once on a 7 day hunt. I think its alot but I maybe wrong. Maybe I live here for that reason and I feel blessed to be able to do that. Or is it NR hunters are not able to breakup the days more. say 3 day or 4 day weekends?
No breaking it up. Two 7 day periods are all we NRs get. I live close to NoDak, so I'd like to jump over the border for 3 or 4 weekends. But I can't. Oh well. Not the end of the world. More MN time I guess.

That and the two 7 day periods need to be declared ahead of time. So no making last minute decisions.
I'm pretty sure you can just take your first 7 day period whenever you plan on first being here and then set your second for the last 7 days of the season. Whenever you decide to make your second trip you can just change the second period dates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
ruger1 said:
just ducky said:
Hooked4life said:
...Just MN teachers and kids for a weekend!! :lol:
Yeah by the way, when is that Minnesota teachers holiday thing, and how long is it? Seems like we run into a bunch of Minnesota teachers each year when we come out.
MEA weekend. October 15 -19
Cool! We'll be there 10/10-10/17, so we may miss them (you?) this year. good luck anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
just ducky said:
ruger1 said:
just ducky said:
Hooked4life said:
...Just MN teachers and kids for a weekend!! :lol:
Yeah by the way, when is that Minnesota teachers holiday thing, and how long is it? Seems like we run into a bunch of Minnesota teachers each year when we come out.
MEA weekend. October 15 -19
Cool! We'll be there 10/10-10/17, so we may miss them (you?) this year. good luck anyway.
Not be bud! I'm no teacher.
 
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top