North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya. My favorite prestentation are lindy rigs if I'm fishing in MN. I love feeling that bite and setting the hook. Jigs are right up there too. I really have fun jigging on Sak. I want to give cranks a try out there on the lake this summer. In Mn. you can get into walleyes with cranks, but you also catch a ton of slough sharks...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That it is really interesting. I am going to have to give that a try. That is what I love about living up here. There are so many ways to fish walleyes that can produce results. A few years ago a friend of mine took me to Devil's Lake and we stood in our waders on a flooded gravel road and tossed a weight, plain hook, and minnow into the ditch and caught walleyes all afternoon. The kids of the landowner who let us fish there have to put on waders everyday and walk on this flooded road to meet the bus for school. It was my first up-close experience to the problems that people are having living by Devil's Lake

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We will usually get some of both since, and I also bring the jumbo leeches no matter what time of year. Your right Field Hunter, the shiners die quickly and if the fish are really on a minnow bite fatheads can work well too. The place I get my bait is real good about the number of minnows they give so I usually pay for a dozen of each and have plenty of minnows. The place I used to go to in D.l. actually counted each minnow and charged more than the other so I have never been back. The owner of this particular bait store also dislikes people who aren't local so I got tired of his attitude and like I say, I've never been back.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good point!!!!!!! I have often wondered how many Long Lakes there are in MN????

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know who you are talking about. I have had some bad experiences at Early Bird. I have been making a run over to County 6 Amoco because there is no bull about what's working and their bait quality is good as well. I will check out the place in Fargo. I hope to be making a run out to SaK. in a couple of weeks and fish it hard for a few days. THe walleyes out there really do thump your rig. It has been a tough year in Minnesota so far so I'm looking forward to a little change in scenery. Tight Lines!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.