North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
The Sierra 150 gr. spitzer boat tail has been a good one for me for years. Push it with any suitable powder. Good groups and I've dropped a number of whitetail and 3 elk instantly with it.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I switched to 140 g. Winchester Accubonds a few years ago and haven't looked back. I miss spending $12-15 on a box compared to $35, but I've got great results with them along with every other brand I've ever fed ole' faithful. (Remington, Federal, etc) They've always got the job done just the same, but I was very open to the idea of adding some grains w/o moving up to 150's.

By the sounds of it maybe I should switch back and get away from using ballistics for edible game. :-?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
CCI Large Rifle Mag Primer, 58.0 grains of H4831 Short Cut and a 140 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip. This load chronos 2900FPS from my 24" Remington 700 and shoots sub-MOA. The 140 holds it's velocity better, hits a shade harder, and bucks the wind better than the 130. Have killed a bunch of deer with it...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just started this load this year but love it, 130gr. Nosler BT backed with 4381.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts