North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our group loves to come to ND and also love to explore new watering holes after the hunt, we've been to quite a few, but are their any true favorites that anybody could recommend, post up and iclude your favorite drink in for the hell of it, a few weeks and it's huntin' time :beer:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Last year we drove to a town called Church's Ferry which is right off of 2. There wasn't a lot of people there, but the bartender/owner Rex was absolutely a riot. We had a lot of fun. Supposedly they get dancers there as well, but we never saw them. :beer:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Last trip to DL area was at Churches Ferry, and yes they did have some dancers on Sat. night.....That was three years ago, but have not been to the area since. A good friend of mine has been hunting that area for a lot of years, even stores alot of deeks in a guys building there.....For you local guys the farmers name is "Olie"(sp), not sure his last name......maybe this year have to come up for a hunt and see if the beer is still cold in Churches Ferry........ :beer:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Can't say I know the bars in that area. But I can tell you that "Ole" is a hell of a guy. We got to know him last year. Very nice people.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
If you want unknown quantities of weird and exciting action go to Nellies in DL. :lol:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I like the bar in the basement of The Ranch....

.....because it's close to the upstairs of The Ranch!!!

One of the best places to eat in North Dakota, I think. You could put their food on the plate at Sanders here in Grand Forks and people wouldn't know the difference.

Last Saturday after a day of grouse hunting and walleye fishing the crab and artichoke appetizer as well as the porterhouse steak were to die for! :beer:

·
Registered
259 Posts
water_swater said:
I'm a local, its funny to hear you describe all these places. The bar in Churchs Ferry has a new owner, and there should be dancers for the first weekend in October.
That really suck's Rex is gone. He was something else.

·
Super Moderator
8,506 Posts
drjongy said:
I like the bar in the basement of The Ranch....

.....because it's close to the upstairs of The Ranch!!!

One of the best places to eat in North Dakota, I think. You could put their food on the plate at Sanders here in Grand Forks and people wouldn't know the difference.

Last Saturday after a day of grouse hunting and walleye fishing the crab and artichoke appetizer as well as the porterhouse steak were to die for! :beer:
I agree about the Ranch.....best BBQ ribs I've found in ND.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
In Devils Lake, only scumbags hang out at...

·
Registered
26 Posts
We actually had a pretty good dinner at the Lakota (Sportsmans) Lodge as well. I think they have a couple of special nights each week, one for prime rib and the other for lobster, but I can't recall which nights they are. Probably end up there for a dinner this year again as well.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
In Devils Lake, only scumbags hang out at Web's, Thirsty's, & Nellie's,
It takes a scumbag to know a scumbag!! :beer:

That was kind of mean sorry man. I know what you mean.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.