North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Biden labor rule would make contractors into employees (msn.com)

Now more companies will have to have workers comp insurance, medical, retirement, etc.

Now employees will see wages garnished to pay for the insurance, medical, retirement, etc.

One of the industries I work in is Real Estate. All Agents are "independent contractors". Now if this rule goes into effect and is aimed at real estate agents... LOOK OUT ALL AGENTS. Things that will change is you will be signing contracts with your brokerage and will have to sell X amount of homes and work X amount of hours yearly or monthly. Your commission splits will go down because the brokerages will have to give you and everyone else medical, work comp insurance, retirements, etc. All the things say an IBM or Hospital gives employees. You will no longer have the "freedom" you once did. It will kill all "part time" realtors and what not. Those companies will get TAXED differently.

This is just one industry that is all independent contractors (in my state of MN). Like the article says look at Uber, any delivery type places who have many many part time employees who can set their schedules.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is something that is funny and sad at the same time. (I will post a separate thread on this). People on social media and people I mean PAID FOR BY DEM PARTY.... are celebrating Social Security getting an 8.7% increase for 2023. You know what it is getting that increase.... because of a Cost of Living Clause in the program. So when INFLATION IS HIGH... this kicks in. Let this sink in... these people who are bragging this increase and saying Republicans will try to cut SS are lying. 1. No Republican will cut SS or the SS that seniors and handicap people recieve. That program is so huge and full of waste... they want to cut the waste. 2. They are celebrating INFLATION!!! Yeah so if you are having convos with anyone and they say anything along the lines of "thanks for democrats we wouldn't have gotten this "raise"".... tell them WHY they got the raise... .because of the record inflation that they keep extending because of SPENDING!!!

Anyways... just thought I would give out that update.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.... If you dont think some elected officials or people running for office have lost their minds. A couple of examples.

1. Hershel Walker....enough said.

2. Stacey Abrams... Is tying abortion to inflation. She stated that the only reason why people are complaining about gas, food, etc prices going up is because they have children. So that is why you should support abortion because it will help with inflation. Or something kind of along those lines.

Please add more when you hear them... from all sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts