North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was nearly asleep at the wheel driving to my deer stand early this morning. The voice of the man on the radio only half registered, but I did get the gist of the news he was presenting.
It appears we have a PETA type bill that has already passed the house. It's something along the lines of an anti cruelty act for horses. The fellow said the way it was written a rancher who owned horses and didn't care or transport correctly could spend three years in prison.
Has anyone else heard anything about this. I wasn't awake this morning until I was soaked to the bone walking through five foot wet vegetation for 3/4 mile.

:huh:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
We've had that discussion here before, and now I see why it was met with some disbelief.......just one more way your state hasn't caught up with the rest yet.

I've said it many times on here before, enjoy all that you have in Nodak because what we've been dealing with east of you is spreading......and none of it is good :eyeroll:

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
I love horses and there is no excuse for abusing them, some of the stuff done to horses should get the man that did it hung.

So I'm for it, unfortunately laws have to push people to do the right thing because some wont otherwise.

People that abuse animals are evil.

A good horse is a great friend and I like my horse way more than I like most people.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Who's definition of abuse is most likely to be adopted, Bob. Yours, or PETA's ?

Think about it. I believe many of the things you might do with your horse is frowned upon by PETA, and to them would be considered abuse. :puke:

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
If people acted right Peta wouldn't have much of a following

Willy's link showed six states that didn't have strong laws in this area, 6 out of 50.

If those 44states can live with them I suspect North dakota can to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts