North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if others from different areas have noticed a sharp decline in English Sparrows? Very seldom are they seen in Valley City, ND, anymore and there was only one pair that nested at the farm. Disease and if so what?

· Registered
1,135 Posts
I wish, Dick! For some reason we have more darned English Sparrows this year than any year we can think of! I'm wondering if it is because I used a pail of screenings with mostly cracked wheat, in some of our bird feeders. In desperation I finally dumped it out for the pheasants and went back to sunflowers. But they still won't leave. Except for the few I manage to give exit visas to with my pellet gun!
If you have a E Sparrow specific virus around Valley City, please export it to Bismarck! Hah!

· Registered
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HH, good to hear from you. Not that I'm complaining but there aren't many here. Conjunctivitis maybe? Used to be if you parked under a tree on mainstreet in the evening it would be a mess. Not now. (maybe I can get a grant to study this.) :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.