North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I touched base on this awhile ago.

Well it seems this is going to go thru. Elon Musk will own twitter.

Here is the funny thing coming from the White House....

PSAKI: "No matter who owns or runs Twitter, the president has long been concerned about the power of large social media platforms, the power they have over our everyday lives. He's long argued that tech platforms must be held accountable for the harms they cause."
(This was a header on twitter)

So now just watch all the people who were against changing section 230 all of a sudden become adamant to change section 230 and its protections.

This is something to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Twitter is going crazy about this purchase by Musk.

Many conservatives keep saying "RE-INSTATE" Trump ASAP. I am actually against that right away.

1. He needs to look at all the "banning/shadow banning" issues.
2. Look at the algorithms and what not.
3. Look at the guidelines used now by twitter and its staff for "censoring" people and "banning" people... etc.
4. Make changes/revisions to the above (1-3)
5. Do a few "test runs"....ie: after making the changes see how things pan out
6. Possibly start to re-instate people and their accounts.

Because if what people are afraid of....ie: Musk doing a "flip" and now censors Dem/libs... then he should get hammered just like I have talked about when the "dem/libs" censoring rep/conservatives. This shouldn't be a "revenge" thing like people want it to be. It should be making or taking the twitter platform to the next level and develop it to be a true beacon of free speech. As long as you don't direct HATE/Harm to others.

·
Administrator
19,810 Posts
I doubt Musk will censor based on political beliefs. I am betting Trump will speak up for banning no one. What I am also sure will happen is some liberals will make vulgar posts then claim to be censored for their political beliefs. It's the liberal MO.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
And a couple more examples of the meltdown currently occurring,

Sky Font Electric blue Darkness Brand

Forehead Smile Cheek Chin Jaw

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

l’m loving this, so much so that I might have to go back to twitter.

Reactions: Chuck Smith

·
Administrator
19,810 Posts
I canceled my Twitter account the day they banned Trump. I will have to admit I never did post on Twitter only read other posts.

It's a shame the dirt bags get 44 billion.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It is funny now the LEFT WING MEDIA is going nuts.

Here is what they are saying.... BTW... this happened to conservatives already!!!!

(20) Clay Travis on Twitter: "MSNBC “talent” suddenly realizes the owners of Twitter can rig the entire site. This is amazing to watch. Does he not realize all of this was already done to Republicans? https://t.co/Gmc0nVx2jF" / Twitter

and did I predict this...

Psaki responds to Musk's takeover of Twitter by announcing 'reforms' to combat misinformation (bizpacreview.com)

“Well, I’m not going to comment on a specific transaction,” Psaki replied. “What I can tell you as a general matter, no matter who owns or runs Twitter, the President has long been concerned about the power of large social media platforms, what they… the power they have over our everyday lives, has long argued that tech platforms must be held accountable for the harms they cause.”

She added, “He has been a strong supporter of fundamental reforms to achieve that goal, including reforms to Section 230, enacting antitrust reforms, requiring more transparency, and more, and he’s encouraged that there’s bipartisan interest in Congress. In terms of what hypothetical policies might happen, I’m just not going to speak to that at this point in time.”
BTW.... did you know Biden Revoked Trumps EO towards sec 230. But now is worried about sec 230.

Biden revokes Trump executive order that targeted Section 230 - The Verge

PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!!

Just wait... there will be more Dem's coming out screaming for reform on sec 230. WHICH TRUMP WAS DOING WITH AN EO. But that got revoked by BIDEN.

·
Administrator
19,810 Posts
😇
BTW.... look at the picture closely that I posted.... there is left and right leaning media outlets.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Chuck this like many of your posts demonstrates your nonpartisan. nonbiased opinions. Your a little more gentle than I when I openly admit I have no respect for either party. Maybe one democrat, and republicans that I can count on my fingers. Even more amazing we still debate liberals on here. They must be radical left to argue with us since we are not impressed with Republicans. 😇 🤣

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is another thing to look at.... especially when we talk about government getting too big.... is the new "Ministry of Truth" that is being established by this administration.

What would the media, the left, democrats, etc have done if Trump tried to establish a "ministry of truth".

People need to wake up. The ones in DC are not for the people anymore.

BTW... did you notice how i separated "the left" and Dem's. Sometimes they are one in the same but many times they are not. It is like calling a conservative a "nazi". THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was confirmed today by the Biden Administration that the "ministry of Truth" will notify social media of things they deem as "misinformation" that "threatens national security".

So people appointed by a political party are going to say what is "misinformation" or what isn't. Let that sink in.

It is what I have been talking about alot with sec 230 and other things. What could be deemed misinformation only depends on who is in office. This is a waste of Gov. resources and time. There goes more of out tax money to something that is stupid.

People WAKE UP.

·
Administrator
19,810 Posts
So this is what tyranny looks like. :mad: We need a middle finger icon. :mad: I want to hear from Canuk and Ken on this one.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Something I read is one congress person asking IF this "ministry of truth" is actually against the constitution and the 1A.

Here is the thing... Like I was talking about. Lets say the next president who is possibly a Republican... appoints people to this "ministry of truth" starts to make things lean to the right... is it "truth" or not? What if Trump becomes president and appoints people to this "ministry of Truth".... what will the media and people think???

Again this shouldn't be a Republican/Democrat thing. PEOPLE WAKE UP... people in DC are not FOR THE PEOPLE ANYMORE.

The sad part is some bureaucrats are actually defending this. ALL BECAUSE MUSK BOUGHT TWITTER. They said nothing when Sorros bought a huge new paper... nothing when Zuckaberg was doing things... etc. ALL BECAUSE OF MUSK.

Also plainsman... CORRECT... it is our leaders failing us 100%. I think CNN came on and basically stated that they want to control what people hear from "media". I was trying to find the link to that video clip. But the people on CNN were saying the quiet part out loud. They "panel" was basically saying they wanted to have control over what the public hears as far as "news".

Now again... I mentioned CNN on this one. But if could go for FOX or any others if they are talking about Musk owning twitter is bad. THEY ARE APART OF THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Psaki says disinformation board will be 'nonpartisan,' 'apolitical' (msn.com)

Attached is an article with Psaki talking about this "ministry of truth" board.

So if it is truly going to do what she stated. THEN WHY HAVE IT. She is saying it will be doing the same thing that the Department of Homestead security is doing. IE: Monitoring what china, russia, cartels, etc are saying. So again... WHY HAVE THIS AT ALL??? This is just another Government program sucking tax dollars.

BTW... .she mentioned extremism and to incite violence.... HMMMMM... so will they be going after ANTIFA, BLM, etc??? Another BTW... did anyone see what happened in Oregon where people were at a Republican canidates rally and ANTIFA showed up and threw smoke bombs and other things at the crowd? Or where ANTIFA was throwing rocks and other stuff off an overpass towards the "freedom convoy". Do they sound like a peaceful organization? Also they use social media to incite violence and "calls to action". Just saying.... maybe this new "ministry" should be looking into them.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So i read, on Twitter, So take it with a grain of salt. But it says now the FBI is investigating Elon Musk and his bid to buy twitter. Which hasn't gone thru just yet. Of I mean the FCC is looking into it as well to make sure it is OK.

I dont know if this is normal protocol of the FBI or did the FCC ask them to look into things. But it seems interesting that this all of a sudden happens. I mean did they do this when Bezos bought the Washington Post???

·
Administrator
19,810 Posts
This is what I see as gov being to big. Often people see new offices and employees and say gov is getting to big. It isn't the number of people that makes gov to big, but how much gov intrudes into you private life that makes gov to big. Trying to derail Musks purchase of Twitter is tyrannical because it's political an nothing else.

ministry of truth" board.
More tyranny. In our evening prayers at least twice a week my wife and I will ask for wisdom and discernment. Wisdom to understand God's word, and discernment to divide truth and lies. I dont need a party of liars telling me what is truth.

As far as Musk attacking those who don't agree with him, debate is not attack. What do they call it when they don't agree with us? When reason fails they start calling names, but when the left does it it isn't attack or debate its dialog.
Examples
A conservative says I think your wrong. Thats an attack.
A liberal says your a stubborn fool. That's dialog.
A liberal says your a stubborn fool, and I hope you rot in [email protected]×&. That's debate.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Plainsman...

You forgot the #1 rebuttal of the radical left to anything they either cant defend or explain to someone who is conservative..... YOUR RACIST.... and they even have been saying this to Minority conservatives.

Again this isn't a nock at any of the liberals who discuss things on this site. Because they dont typically throw out that we are racist and things like that. But look at some of the political leaders who are considered RADICAL.... they use the word "racist" alot. When it isn't warranted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts