North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you sportsman think about obama as president? The nra was sure against him. no matter what u say history was made today. let us know what u think. are u scared about losing a lot of ur rights?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Let's just say hard working americans are going to need a much larger jar of vasaline.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
There was an interesting article in Field and Stream, they both supported closing the gun show loophole. Obama is probably going to get after "assault rifles" and high cap mags.

The thing everybody is forgetting is that there are a lot of dems who won't go near the gun issue, like Dorgan, Conrad, Pomeroy, Peterson (MN), Johnson, Herseth, and maybe Franken (if he wins). Radical gun control laws shouldn't even clear the democratic party, let alone the entire congress.

The NRA has lost it. I agree with the late Tony Dean, they have lost their focus. This election proves that the NRA need to get their heads out of their collective a$$es and pay attention to the issues that matter. Hunting, target shooting, and self defense not seeing to it that every idiot in the world gets their hands on an AK. I left the NRA a few years ago and I do not regret it. If they put their focus back on sportsmen I will gladly join again.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
TK33 said:
There was an interesting article in Field and Stream, they both supported closing the gun show loophole. Obama is probably going to get after "assault rifles" and high cap mags.

The thing everybody is forgetting is that there are a lot of dems who won't go near the gun issue, like Dorgan, Conrad, Pomeroy, Peterson (MN), Johnson, Herseth, and maybe Franken (if he wins). Radical gun control laws shouldn't even clear the democratic party, let alone the entire congress.

The NRA has lost it. I agree with the late Tony Dean, they have lost their focus. This election proves that the NRA need to get their heads out of their collective a$$es and pay attention to the issues that matter. Hunting, target shooting, and self defense not seeing to it that every idiot in the world gets their hands on an AK. I left the NRA a few years ago and I do not regret it. If they put their focus back on sportsmen I will gladly join again.
I completely agree with you on the NRA, they come off as "radical", but than again, they are fighting against "radicals". But they are really the only gun lobby with any clout. And they (as well as I) are a firm believer in the "domino effect" of gun control, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. They also IMO correctly believe there is no "interpreting" the second amendment, it says what it says, plain english, and should be upheld.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
The NRA disappoints me, but I still belong, because who else out there is looking out for us? At times I would like to choke them. It's nearly impossible to get a representative on the phone. They don't respond well if at all. They exaggerate to get money. I could go on with the things about the NRA that tick me off, but the truth is we would be in a world of hurt already without them.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Heres the FACTS

Your second amendment rights have absolutely nothing to do with sportsman or hunting they are to enable you to fight a oppressive tyrannical overeach by our own govt.

Learn what and why the constitution was written before you comment on things you dont understand.

That AK you dont like its a lot better choice for that purpose than my SXS shotgun

·
Registered
644 Posts
MN goose killa said:
what do you sportsman think about obama as president? The nra was sure against him. no matter what u say history was made today. let us know what u think. are u scared about losing a lot of ur rights?
So even you agree that Obama will start taking people's rights away. Why not he'll be taking away their jobs. LOL

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
If they put their focus back on sportsmen I will gladly join again.
Agreed!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bobm said:
Heres the FACTS

Your second amendment rights have absolutely nothing to do with sportsman or hunting they are to enable you to fight a oppressive tryannical overeach by our own govt.

Learn what and why the constitution was written before you comment on things you dont understand.

That AK you dont like its a lot better choice for that purpose than my SXS shotgun
Thank you Bobm!!! These people needed to hear that! I've already got my AK and Obama will never know because I (along with 6 of my friends) built our own AKs. If anything serious ever happens, you can count on me to be protecting the homeland from our headquarters in the Flint Hills of Kansas!! Whether it is an invading army or our own government it doesn't matter. I plan to order several more kits from Romania since we already have the tools and jigs ready for rapid production of assault rifles that can't be tracked by a computer. They'll get my shotgun and my wife's .38 special, but the ones they need to be worried about will be buried in pieces, along with several thousand rounds of ammo. I WILL NOT BE LED BLINDLY INTO THE DARK!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
takethekids said:
Bobm said:
Heres the FACTS

Your second amendment rights have absolutely nothing to do with sportsman or hunting they are to enable you to fight a oppressive tryannical overeach by our own govt.

Thank you Bobm!!! These people needed to hear that! I've already got my AK and Obama will never know because I (along with 6 of my friends) built our own AKs. If anything serious ever happens, you can count on me to be protecting the homeland from our headquarters in the Flint Hills of Kansas!! Whether it is an invading army or our own government it doesn't matter. I plan to order several more kits from Romania since we already have the tools and jigs ready for rapid production of assault rifles that can't be tracked by a computer. They'll get my shotgun and my wife's .38 special, but the ones they need to be worried about will be buried in pieces, along with several thousand rounds of ammo. I WILL NOT BE LED BLINDLY INTO THE DARK!!!
I wonder where the NRA gets their radical reputation....weird! :roll:

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
I wonder where the NRA gets their radical reputation....weird!
From a coordinated effort of liberal politicians, anti-gun groups, the media, and naive sportsmen who are willing accomplices to their own demise. We all know the type. The guy who owns a gun, hunts a little or a lot, but wants to impress everyone with how deeply thoughtful they are. The kind that think they are intellectual, but in reality don't know dog poo from peanut butter.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The last "assault" weapon ban, banned guns by their visual description. The Brady Bunch and others have learned from this and will do the next ban by describing the functions and how the gun works.

There is no difference between your hated AK or my Bushmaster and a 10-22 Ruger, Benelli-M2, Beretta Xtrema2, Winchester SuperX, etc. when described by function.

:eyeroll:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wonder where the NRA gets their radical reputation....weird! :roll:[/quote]

I'm not an NRA member because I'm not sure about the direction they're headed. Just a good ole' boy from KS that is willing to do whatever it takes to preserve my heritage and pass it along to my children. I like everything outdoors including shooting my guns for entertainment. I am an American that loves the people I share my country with enough to protect them if necessary. I must keep my guns and keep my guard up to do this You won't be bagging on guys like me if any kind of threatening invasion ever takes place in your backyard :wink:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would invest in a better weapon then the AK.....It is not accurate and has a losing track record.

·
Registered
460 Posts
takethekids said:
I'm not an NRA member because I'm not sure about the direction they're headed. Just a good ole' boy from KS that is willing to do whatever it takes to preserve my heritage and pass it along to my children. I like everything outdoors including shooting my guns for entertainment. I am an American that loves the people I share my country with enough to protect them if necessary. I must keep my guns and keep my guard up to do this You won't be bagging on guys like me if any kind of threatening invasion ever takes place in your backyard :wink:[/quote]

But would you agree that your last post looked a tad bit radical?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Gooseguy10 said:
takethekids said:
I'm not an NRA member because I'm not sure about the direction they're headed. Just a good ole' boy from KS that is willing to do whatever it takes to preserve my heritage and pass it along to my children. I like everything outdoors including shooting my guns for entertainment. I am an American that loves the people I share my country with enough to protect them if necessary. I must keep my guns and keep my guard up to do this You won't be bagging on guys like me if any kind of threatening invasion ever takes place in your backyard :wink:
But would you agree that your last post looked a tad bit radical?[/quote]

I would agree that you have your opinions and like my opinions, they are based on our different approach to interpretation of language. Radical???No....Serious about something that is important to me.....That's what I'd call it

·
Registered
136 Posts
scott said:
I would invest in a better weapon then the AK.....It is not accurate and has a losing track record.
Yeah, but the 7.62X39 round also fits in my SKS, which makes it the most versitile round for me to lug around. Don't want to have to carry 500 rounds of several different sizes of ammo. Can't argue its losing track record.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I am very torn on the issue of "assault rifles". First off what is an assault rifle, second what is a high cap mag, third what is the answer. Everyone knows criminals will get them no matter what the law is.

The part I have a hard time with is the school violence one. I have two little kids and these kids now are such pansies, the first thing they do is grab a weapon, instead of throwing down like the good old days. I don't know if a special license is the answer. The argument of giving an inch and taking a mile is a valid one.

I think if the gov't really wants someone dead they will probably just use a drone or a sharpshooter or something. The AK would jam and you would screwed anyways.

As I stated in another topic call, write, or email your respective congressmen, they are the hope against radical liberal anti-gun nuts.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts