North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they are the national bird and everything, but they always seem to spook the birds like crazy. We had a flock coming in on us, but then an eagle showed up and they were gone in a flash. Has anyone ever seen an eagle take out a duck or goose?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Last year while hunting in Western, MN we had a buildup of birds at the far end of the field we were hunting. After shooting our limit, we watched an eagle spook the remaining flock into flight. The eagle then flew into the middle of the 100+ birds and grabbed on right out of mid-air.

I was amazed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw an eagle up by Fergus Falls a couple years ago take a drake redhead off the ice on a lake. I was watching this nice drake with binos and he started running on the ice and then BAMM! The eagle had him in it's talons and flew away with his meal.

Pretty cool actually.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ya last year me and my uncle where watching ducks and geese on the water when there was just a little piece of water open. There was probably about 10 hawks and eagles and they where all fighting over ducks.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
When I was in Alaska a we watched a seagull piss a bald eagle off and then they started flying and the eagle was going after the seagull. The seagull was barely faster then the eagle. They did that for about 15 min. The seagulls friends would try to distract the eagle but it didnt work

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey ya i had actually went hunting last weekend and when the birds started slowing up me and my crew were waiting and listening and all of a sudden i heard the sound of wings hitting the crop and a loud smack i turned around to see an eagle had grabbed my decoy and dropped it about 50 yards away...... i don't know who was more ****** off me or the eagle haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts