North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks again to the Minot Delta Waterfowl guys and J. Clark for allowing me the chance to tag along on the banding project.

Here are some pics of the event below - also see the story on the duck banding here: Duck Band's Beginning

Lots of kids there, including one of Leo's daughters (below)

Netting them is a lot cheaper then using decoys. :)

Score!

Very Cool

No bands on this coot

cgreeny

Leo teasing his daughter

Get me out of here!

Fred Greenslade taking photos for Delta Waterfowl

dblkluk

dblkluk can walk on water too...

See you in a couple weeks

Just shove it in your pocket, nobody will notice

Be aware of set nets

A look outside "the box" at the banding site.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Great write up there Chris and some awesome photos. Good to see so many people involved including kids and parents. Hopefully we can see some of this bling show up later this fall.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Awesome Shots Chris!

It is always really cool seeing the kids get involved....

Leo you have any pics? Were you there too?

·
Administrator
2,862 Posts
Fantastic pictures. Porkchop - you better quit teasing that cute little girl.

Thanks to all who helped the birds. Great pics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very neat pics.....Have always wanted to be involved in a banding project. Hope some of those birds find there way down the miss. flyway!!!! just wondering how much were the money bands for. Bands or no bands, hope this season is a good one to all!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I think that was the same site i took my kids to last year. Was it fairly close to the headquarters?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Hey Hustad! Maybe next year you'll handle some ducks and actually get some poop on you.. :lol:

fishhook said:
I think that was the same site i took my kids to last year. Was it fairly close to the headquarters?
Yep thats it.
Of the 5 or so times I've banded this was the first time I had been on this site.

Way to man handle those drakes dblklk!!
Its hard to hold a live duck and dig the can of orange spray paint out of your pocket at the same time.. :p

Seriously though,
A big thank you to the fellow commitee members as well as Gary and the staff at the refuge for allowing us to help once again.

This is one of the most anticipated projects of the year for our chapter.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Gary Erickson is a class act isn't he, he has always done alot for the kids in the Upham area. You should see him wrestle turtles for the turtles races held in Upham, yep Gary is a good guy!! Was Todd Grant there, he is also very sharp and loves nature with his whole life. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
buckseye said:
Gary Erickson is a class act isn't he, he has always done alot for the kids in the Upham area. You should see him wrestle turtles for the turtles races held in Upham, yep Gary is a good guy!! Was Todd Grant there, he is also very sharp and loves nature with his whole life. Thanks guys.
Yep, Todd was there.

I couldn't agree with you more Buckseye.

Anyone who enjoys the outdoors should be thankful to have guys like them "taking care of things" for us. :beer:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Good to see kids being envolved, im sure they will remember that for a long time! Also, good work Minot chapter with spending your money on a project that had a positive direct effect on waterfowl hunting!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Gooseman678 said:
Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Good to see kids being envolved, im sure they will remember that for a long time! Also, good work Minot chapter with spending your money on a project that had a positive direct effect on waterfowl hunting!
Best part about it..Doesn't cost us anything but our time.. :beer:

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
I've known Gary for a number of years.....when my kids were in school up there.I couldn't agree more.....a real nice guy. :D

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Did they band coots too? I heard there is a lot more of those out there then people realize. This is the first summer I haven't help band ducks in the last couple years. Man it is a good time!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Chris or Myre, do you know how they get the ducks into the area of the guns? Bait them? Ive always wanted to do this

1 - 20 of 41 Posts