North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So dont know if anyone on here has seen this on the news or not.

But a Drag bar or "gay" bar in Dallas did a "Drag show for kids/family night". Where there were kids present. Drag performers did a parade or "runway walk" and also did dancing and accepted tips thrown at them from the crowd.

Here is my take on that show or what happened.

1. It wasn't done tasteful at all. One performer was walking around in like a panty bikini bottom. Doing splits and what not. Sexualized. WHICH IS WRONG. Thinking taking a child to a strip club, bikini bar, etc. Some say... well HOOTER is the same. NO IT ISNT. Hooters waitresses dont dance or do the splits for tips and "shake it" for tips.

2. In the back ground on the wall was a sign that said "it isn't going to lick itself". That isn't what children should be seeing as decoration in an establishment.

3. Now if this "drag" show was just people in drag gowns or dresses and not "sexualized" costume or clothing. It wouldn't have been as bad IMHO. But when it was sexualized... that is way over the line.

Anyways....

One of the performers has backed up the stance that this is ok and hopes more children will "dress in drag".

So let me get this straight.... It is OK for kids to dress up as the opposite sex now. But not ok for them to dress for a costume party or Halloween as:

Native American
India Nationality (country)
Muslim
Or any other "religious" costume
Prisoner (could offened people who are in prison)
Day of the Dead (because of culture)
Homeless person/hobo
Any costumes having to do with "race" even if it is a part of a Disney Movie:
Muana, Princess Jasmine, Pocahantas, etc.

Honestly think about it. The far left or very extreme liberals will yell at you for dressing a child up in anything I listed above. BUT will praise you if you let them dress up in drag. Even though the above could all be done very tastefully and respectfully. Plus remember.... IT IS A COSTUME!!!!

Like I have stated before.... the "politically correct" crap is so double sided it isn't even funny.

There was a movie back in the 90's or early 2000's called PCU. It was a stupid comedy and pretty dumb. But it talked about Political Correctness and how people just protest to protest type thing. It has many stereotypical stuff in it. I think National Lampoons might have been behind it. But anyways... it is so accurate to things now.

My point of this post is... Oh it is ok to play dress up... but only if we say so. Yet you can't play dress up even if it is a character from a book, movie, cartoon, etc that you like. Let that sink in.

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
There may be a special place in hell for those who prey on children.

but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matthew 18:6 ESV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts