North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have been just putting the smack down on ringbills and bluebills the last week. atleast now you can shoot two bluebills. I have been seeing over 2 thousand a day we shot r six yesterday in 45 mins then we had to watch three differnt flocks of seventy five drop rights through the deks there is nothing better in the world to see the that. where I hunt the bills start rafting up in mid October and stay till freeze up by the end there is close to twenty thousand on the lake I hunt can't wait til deer season so I got all my favorite points to myself. good luck boys cuz I dont need it. oh and save some snows for me be there in three days to blast some more of the juvie hatch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
butterballs this week and probably bills next. we seen lots of buffs last week also and we still r but we only have to shoot a couple now to fill limits and last week we were shooting a lot more cuz there was not much else around. we r starting to c a few goldeneyes and big neddle noses also,not a good sign that is always a sign of the ended. also u should c some of r diver spreads they r quit impreesive 8doz bluebills, 3doz ringbills,doz buffs,doz cans[even know u cant shoot them]half doz reds half doz goldies. I love hunting over big spreads and big water.

keep those barrels moven there banking fast... :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
bluebill25 said:
butterballs this week and probably bills next.

Butterballs. I haven't heard a bufflehead called that since the last time I called one that and everyone looked at me funny :D

Good shooting,
Dan
:beer:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glad you guys are finding large concentrations of divers. Still not to many in my area although I hear they are starting to trickle in from the north. We've shot our fair share of rings, reds, mergansers, and goldeneyes this past week, but nothing truly spectacular.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You know Meth, if you wanted to you could come down here this weekend and try to blast some butterballs. I'd be more than happy to show you where to find them if my friends and I haven't blasted all of them by the end of the week :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alex, thanks for the offer but it looks like I'll be heading north to my cabin instead. I got a few buffs and woddies tonight, but nothin to brag about. What are you guys using for dekes?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got out tonight with two friends and we were 3 birds short of our ring neck limit. There were'nt more than 5 minutes that would go by without a flock checkin out our spread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.