North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Arkansas and Mississippi this week for work, and I saw that it got down in the 20's last night......I'm assuming the small potholes froze? Boy mother nature is showing signs of an early winter this year!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dont know about the sloughs but the dogs water dish had about a 1/4 inch pluss of ice in it this morning.

Get down boys here they come
TAKE EM!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Jones and myself were breaking a little ice this morning when we walked into a slough to set up dekes. Still decent numbers of birds but some locals are on the move. Although it is forecasted to heat up into the 50s tomarrow. Have fun Chris.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ice on the potholes out west. Most ducks rode it out though. Some nice greenheads coming down in the last few days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would agree. Ducks seem to be moving in. Some real nice mallards here. No local hunters around. Kind of surprising to. There is a fair amount of water in places with a good bunch of quacks. I have some secret holes I am going to hit this weekend. There will be alot of non-residents up here, so my honey holes should be full of ducks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anybody have any info on how cold its getting north of the border?? Hopefully its about that time to start pushing some major birds down this way. The USFWS report doesnt look to promising. Especially the DL area. Bring us some birds cold weather!! :sniper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts