North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of a no hunting sign that my dad put up that somebody decided to modify. We found three empty hulls about 15 feet from the sign.

The sad part is that he USED TO let anybody that asked hunt on the land. He just wanted to know who was there and make sure nobody put a duck boat on the slough or jumped the roost. Nobody had even called to inquire about access.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
That is pure bull****. I can't understand why people get so upset about seeing posted signs. I have run into lots of signs this year and have gone and talked to the farmers and they are more than willing to let people hunt. They just wanted to know who was on the land. This past weekend we spoke with a farmer who was going to be hunting the land the next day but told us to come and ask again if there were birds. If they were busy we would be welcome to hunt on the land.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Stupid...

More than likely the same folks who sight in their rifle on the deer crossing and other miscellaneous signs.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
SPDave, two years ago I printed my signs that said "yes hunting, thank you for supporting agriculture" and guess what? Same treatment as yours. Some folks are hard to satisfy.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I truly hope that is anyone out there ever see's someone doing this crap that they get a plate number or something! I look at all plates when I pull into an area and try to word associate them so I can later remember them just incase something like this happens. I beleive in having the knowledge and not needing it rather then needing it and not having it. This has been useful in the past. :sniper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts