North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Democrats attack ‘obscene’ oil profits with new tax hike, accuse industry of ‘cartel pricing’ (msn.com)

Under their bill, oil companies that produce at least 300,000 barrels of oil per day will be hit with a quarterly tax that equals 50% of the difference between current oil prices and the average price per barrel between 2015 and 2019. This so-called "clawback" tax would apply to oil profits beginning last year.
So they want to tax oil companys when they produce more than 300,000 barrels of oil a day. So what do you think will happen... Those companies will produce only 290,000 barrels a day. Which will limit supply and keep prices HIGH. It will also cut down on jobs and staffing. It will cut back on truckers who transport the oil. It will cut down on refinement of the oil and its production and workers. But yeah.... lets just tax them and "hand back" peanuts to people.

Money raised from the tax would be sent on a quarterly basis to taxpayers who earn more than $75,000 annually as an individual, or families earning $150,000.

The lawmakers estimate that with current prices between $90 and $100 a barrel, their bill would impose about $48 billion in additional taxes on the biggest oil companies, and return about $255 each year to individual tax filers, and $382 each year to families.
yeah the bill is talking about taking the "tax" money and giving it back to consumers. So you pay an extra $1.50 a gallon so in my truck that is an extra $30 every two weeks.... So, lets just say I pay an extra $30 in gas for 25 weeks a year..... That is $750 more I pay a year... and would get back $255. WOW... Thanks alot!!!!

Everyone... let this sink in.

Remember this was a CRISIS that was created by our government. With Lock downs, shutdowns, emissions laws, "Green" laws and policies, etc.

EDIT: Just wanted to put a link to this thread to refresh what has happened during this administration.

(3) WAR ON OIL.... | North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum (nodakoutdoors.com)

Edit #2: wanted to add another link about EV's and I also will post an article about a couple talking about a 1500 mile trip they did with an EV. It took them 12 stops with average charging time 22-50 mins. PLUS didn't use "heat" and other features while driving and had to do extra planning and take different routes because of "charging" vehicle.

(3) EV's and the Inflation Reduction Act.... | North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum (nodakoutdoors.com)

A couple took an electric car on a 1,500 mile road trip. They had to stop 12 times and forgo heat due to their range anxiety. (msn.com)

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I want to post a little response to my edits right here.

This is showing you our elected leaders and our government is going about this the wrong way. Now spending the $5 billion to get EV charging infrastructure going isn't the bad part at all. It is the FORCING companies and big oil to do things that is. If they get the INFASTRUCTURE in place... people will gravitate towards EVs in places that they work year round. If you get the infrastructure and people start buying more EVs... guess what... car manufacturers will start to move in that direction on their own. Big oil will see this and start to do things and move in that direction as well.

Now I know someone will say... well big oil will just take over the car industry and "squash" EVs... well if they did then antitrust laws will kick in and things of that nature. There are laws against monopolies and what not.

Now some will say look at Big Pharma.... well guess what... The government stepped in and... helps big pharma to make "monopolies" or corner markets. They make it difficult to get drugs to market... they make it difficult for generics to get to the market... etc. But I have gone over that so many times it isn't even funny. I have talked about how much it costs and time it takes to bring a drug to market and how the Gov awards those companies and allows them to "corner" the market for 10 years or so. I also talked about how if a company is trying to make a drug for lets say diabetes and then in the middle it they see that this drug could cure something else... they have to start back at day 1 to go in the new direction. They can't go off of the data and trials that they already have done. Which takes more time and money to bring that drug to market.

Anyways.... back on the topic about this "Tax".... it is a joke and will only drive up costs and not help the citizens of the country. It is all "smoke and mirrors". Dont be fooled by it.

· Administrator
20,103 Posts
They don't care about the environment. I heat my home with electric heat, but the intelligent third grader knows most of that electricity around here comes from burning coal. Now if the average person would remember seventh grade science they would remember that you can't convert energy 100% efficiently. Every conversion takes some of the energy when coal is burned to produce electricity, then again to charge a car, then again to get you from point A to point B. An electric vehicle adds another conversion loss of energy.
Whoever is running the country (it's not Biden) wants this mess to happen, and while it does they get rich. Politicians A through nearly Z buy electric vehicle stocks, then they give millions to the big companies to develope electric vehicles. At the same time they convince the mentally challenged in our society that electric vehicles is the right thing to do for the world. while denigrating oil, coal, and meat eaters. Then they use tax dollars (the people's money) to subsidize the purchase of electric cars and boom up go their stock values again. You can be robbed at the point of a gun by a street criminal, or by a political criminal without a gun.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is something else about EV's.

MN Iron Range has the stuff needed to build batteries. But this administration and the MN State Gov put a 20 year freeze on mining that area.

Now also look at what the EU and other Countries are now saying and doing with EV's. They are pushing just as hard or even harder. CHINA WILL BE RICH because of all of this.

Just like Plainsman mentioned is about how crooked our elected officials really are. They all have stock in things and that is what dictates policy... not the common good for everyone.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going black, not green: Curbing US oil, gas production would hurt the environment, report finds | Fox News

Now I understand this is a FOX article. But it talks about a study done. It also talks how cutting this project will hurt many people.

So just keep an eye on this.... it could be another project "axed" by Biden in the name of "GREEN".... and he will still blame others for gas prices going up. Remember gas/oil pricing has a lot to do about FUTURES... and when projects get axed, halted, cut, etc. that in turn affects FUTURES and pricing.

· Registered
3 Posts
When "clean energy" is viable and advanced to the point of being affordable..it will take over. Until then...why are the cramming it down our throats? Its just not sustainable

I hope I live long enough to see a world where all vehs are electric. and we are burning oil in huge quantities to generate all the electricity. Electric bills will be SKY HIGH..but AOC will be so blissfully happy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts