North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a disgusting graphic video, the Defenders of Wildlife have released this video attacking Palin on her support for aerial shooting of wolves...

This isn't going to endear her to anyone who doesn't hunt, or doesn't understand the Wolf problems in her state.

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
Thanks for the update on that. Defenders of Wildlife, to bad the whole nation doesn't know what nut jobs they are. :eyeroll:

Wouldn't it be fun to know the real story? I bet that other wildlife is coyotes and not the bear in the photo. I'll bet it's on a limited problem area hunt. I wonder if it isn't even government animal damage control doing the shooting?

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plainsman said:
Thanks for the update on that. Defenders of Wildlife, to bad the whole nation doesn't know what nut jobs they are. :eyeroll:

Wouldn't it be fun to know the real story? I bet that other wildlife is coyotes and not the bear in the photo. I'll bet it's on a limited problem area hunt. I wonder if it isn't even government animal damage control doing the shooting?
Totally agree Plainsman.

These kinds of attacks are a disgusting distortion, and only half a story is being told. Though I doubt some folks care about the full story. You can see the shock value of this ad that it has on urban folks.

Anyways...

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Plainsman said:

From what I understand, the aerial hunting of wolves is not limited to government hunters. I do not know if it is limited to certain areas. I believe they justify it under the premise that the wolves are competing with man for the caribou and moose.

From Wikipedia:
Congress passed the Federal Airborne Hunting Act of 1972[65], which made it illegal for hunters to shoot animals from a plane or helicopter. The federal legislation does have a loophole for predator control, permitting state employees or licensed individuals to shoot from an aircraft for the sake of protecting "land, water, wildlife, livestock, domesticated animals, human life, or crops."[66]

Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska in 2007 approved to use this provision in the law to shoot wolves and bears while flying for the purpose of protection of property[67].
" A kill of 124 wolves would thus translate to [the survival of] 1,488 moose or 2,976 caribou or some combination thereof.
From what I understand, Governor Palin sought to make it easier to hunt wolves by clarifying the statute.
http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/news/2007/5-11-07_nr.php

Furthermore, and $150 bounty per wolf was offered, but later struck down in court.
http://dwb.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife ... 8810c.html

More is available here:
http://www.slate.com/id/2199140/

·
Registered
199 Posts
These kinds of attacks are a disgusting distortion, and only half a story is being told. Though I doubt some folks care about the full story. You can see the shock value of this ad that it has on urban folks.
wow, a ray of hope for our resident delusionist liberalesque psuedodemocratic ambigiously gay non-duo! :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
to answer the question at the end of the clip.

NO NOT REALLY.

HOW ABOUT WE LEAVE OFF THE VICE PART.

i for one think she would be better than all the others combined.
if shes a hunter and a member of the NRA she cant be all bad.
and at this point anything is better than what we have had the last ten years or so. somewhere sometime somebody has to start putting a stop to all the BS in america. all the bleeding hearts. somebody has to put a foot down and say ENOUGH. I HATE THAT PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH THING.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sportin' Woodies said:
wow, a ray of hope for our resident delusionist liberalesque psuedodemocratic ambigiously gay non-duo! :lol:
:rollin: :huh: :thumb:

remember.... how does that saying go? "I was before I wasn't! They were who they thought they were" "Don't confuse me with facts!"

I'm not nearly as delusional as the other guy in my head ;)

Like I was telling Plainsman a day ago, it is hilarious that guys don't remember my "conservative" posts from a couple years ago. I use to take Militant Tiger to task, amongst others... yet few here posting lately can remember back to those days.

irony...

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
The federal legislation does have a loophole for predator control, permitting state employees or licensed individuals to shoot from an aircraft
They should have opened it to sportsmen. I would like to see one of those puppies come to the call. Same with Minnesota.

I don't get these animal rights groups that don't think we should shoot anything, but don't get upset about a wolf eating something that isn't dead yet. They hate hunters and nearly worship wolves, bears, eagles, lions etc.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
From what I've heard or read somewhere, this aerial gunning of wolves is to cut down their negative influence on moose and caribou herds, but that there had/has actually been no research done to see if the wolves were having that great of an effect to justify it in AK. :-?

·
Registered
643 Posts
You probably heard that from an animal rights groups propaganda report. I'm pretty sure the DNR in Alaska has a pretty good idea of what is going on in their state without funding some multimillion dollar "study".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.