North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a few pics of a nice 4x4 and have no clue as to score a deer. Think you can help me out? If you would like some bigger pics, let me know and I can email them.
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I thought 120 at first. Kinda hard to tell mass on him. I think he is prolly alittle smaller than that though, he is still in his skinny summer faze. I always over judge them at that time!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Yep 90-105 or so.. if its ears are six inches long, they appear to be about as long as the tines.. the spread looks like about 12-14 inches or so. Let him grow, but if your bow hunting heck get him if you can.... you don't need P&Y to be a man in this world. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys that helps alot!

Im not looking for points on taking this buck or any other, I was just curious to see what he would score, Ive never had anything this big come in and on camera on the same night I got this 4x4 and a 5x5 together. Quite a thrill to say the least, now if only I can get them on cam at dusk and not at 3-4am in the morning haha. Still alot of season ahead though.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
With the moon where it is now you should try during mid afternoon if you can. Is there water near there? They should be at water in the daylight.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Look up Pope and Young records and print off a score sheet so you know all of the measurements that are taken. Remember that for the record books you have to count deductions for typical bucks. 125" minimum score. This buck looks about 90-95" to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.