North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know a lot of guys hang their clothes out overnight to get the scent of the cabin and stuff out of it so deer don't smell them.

Does this really work?

How long does something have to hang outside for the scent to be gone?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would say that it depends on the smell and potency of the indoors smell some houses at times have strong odors from cleaning, cooking or whatever and how long the clothes are kept inside. Maybe outside over night maybe a few days even to be fully aired out and maybe even then it might not smell like the indoors but a deer might be able to smell the indoors. I dont know but the only time I wear my hunting clothes inside is after a kill and I have to wash them anyway. I wash in odor killer scent free soap, dry outside, place in tuperware thats been scent killer sprayed and smoked out and kept in garage where I try to keep aired out a scent free. In warmer weather I will dress outside after I drove to hunting spot otherwise I spray seats and suck with scent killer type stuff. Then before I go into woods I spray down with scent free spray. After hunting I undress and store in tote and If i sweat alot I will repeat steps with under garments and my first few layers. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts