North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever mixed Snow decoys with a spread full of mallards and canadas?

Is it too early in the year for that or do you just not do it? Thanks for any info.

Brandon

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well. ..if i were you i wouldn't even put out any snows yet...Lat wkend we had about 25snows come into about 30honker decoys and adozen mallard decs.I have mixed them in before yrs ago and found out that canadas dont like it so much until later on when the temp drops alot and the snow starts to fall.....Just my opinion i would wait awhile...Hope my 2 sense helps alittle....Good Hunting ...BigHunter

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
This weekend I saw several flock of Canadas in the fields with 1 or 2 dozen S&Bs among them. It never stopped more Canadas from landing. I had a 1/2 dozen blues mixed in my spread Friday and the Canadas dumped straight in. Never did pull any S&Bs though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have ya'll not heard about the snow migrations the last couple of years down here in AL? J/K... I should have clarified that diver, we're heading up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the help, we use a lot of snow dekes over in the MS Delta in the rice fields and I just wondered if ya'll ever mixed them up there. I thought it might be kindof early, thanks for the tips.

Brandon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts