North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has a way to haul dakota decoys? would they fit in avery 6 slot bags? or is that round base too big to get 6 in a bag. im thinking about buying dakotas next year but i would want a way to carry them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Dakota has its own six slot bags that the decoys will fit into with the round bases on, it also has D rings on the bag so you can hang it from the wall in the garage or trailer.

I've seen people haul them all different types of ways, from just tossing them into a trailer to bagging them to shelf systems. Hope this helps ya out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
They fit into the Avery 6 slots no problem and I take the bases off, the motion bags are too big to carry into a field. Dakota will have bags out later this year that you can keep the bases on.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dakotas are bigger than Averys. I use standard large mesh decoy bags which I hang in my trailer using big snap clips tied along both walls & down the center (I can hang 9 bags in my 5x10). This keeps the decoys from bouncing around & against each other too much. I can fit 6 Averys w/o foot bases in one of these bags, but only 5 Dakotas...

I store & carry the bases in buckets. The Averys fit nicely in 5 gallon buckets, but the larger Dakota bases require a bigger feed type bucket...

·
Registered
727 Posts
The dakota decoy bags will be in either on the 22nd or by the 29th depending on which container they come in. These bags are going to retail for $39.99 and will hold 6 dakota decoys with the bases on. You can get these from any dealer or from the shop directly. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts