North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I mostly deer duck and pheasant hunt but have alot of coyotes around. I only shoot them during deer hunting or if i happen to see them down the creek. im selling some of my goose decoys and looking to get a good coyote gun. so far ive just been looking at 22-250s. what are some good coyote/varmint guns? Thanks!

Greatwhitehunter

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Kind of a generic answer, but any bolt gun you can shoot well will work.

If I were you who is going to shoot them while deer hunting I would just use your current deer rifle. You can also use that to shoot them at that creek.

If you decide you want to get serious about coyote hunting and get into selling the fur then I would say get a new rifle.

If money is not an issue go ahead and spend away!

There are many good ones out there: Weatherby, Savage, Tikka, CZ...all have good things said about them.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i live in southwest mn where can only bow and slug hunt so i do not use a rifle right now. my grandpa has a 30 30 but dont like it. just want to find a nice 22-250 to try to get serious about coyote hunting

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Make mine a 243, thanks much. I have a Tikka T3 LIte in 243 and a Remington 700 in 22-250. Both do a peachy job on dogs...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts