North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me preface this article I am going to post the link too. It talks about some Democratic congress people. But this isn't an attack at them. It is literally a knock on ALL of Congress and a great reason for TERM LIMITS!!!

Dianne Feinstein May Be ‘Mentally Unfit’ for Congress, and Others Probably Are, Too (msn.com)

A few quotes from the article...

Feinstein is currently the oldest sitting US Senator, just a few months senior to Iowa Republican Chuck Grassley, who is inexplicably running for reelection this cycle. The Senate itself comprises primarily politicians well into their 70s and 80s, and just a few years ago, an anonymous pharmacist told Vox that they’re regularly filling Alzheimer’s prescriptions for members of Congress, who are often legislating over life-or-death issues.

In the context of factoids like this, it’s understandable that the numerous Democratic members of Congress—including Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)—who ardently stand by Feinstein staying in office are invoking arguments like this one reported by the Chronicle:

“Some of these people bristle at singling out Feinstein, when congressional history is filled with aging male politicians who remained in office despite their declining state.”

This all seems more like an indictment of the lack of clear, thoughtful protocol to address aging, possibly unfit political leaders than a case of (very real) sexism in politics. If Feinstein isn’t the only member of Congress remaining in office despite their allegedly “declining state,” that’s clearly an issue in itself, regardless of the gender of the politician in question.
I mean lets honestly take a look at there are many of the things we are seeing with Biden, Pelosi, etc. Is mental capacity or decline with older politicians. AGAIN I AM NOT TRYING TO POINT TOWARDS ANY POLITICAL PARTY. Right now there are 28 out of 100 Senators who are over the age of 75!!! Of those 28 some have been in office only 8 years and others 47!!!

So this should honestly should be considered.

Thoughts.

·
Administrator
19,810 Posts
Have you seen that technology that requires a person to blow into a breathalyzer before their car will start? I think a simple one step coherence test at each congressional desk to be used before they can vote, regardless of age, would be a good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts