North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my husband DOES have a hunter's education certificate (I found it in his hunting folder!) and I already applied for and got an ND hunting license!!!!

So, I'm booking him a trip from October 21-26. I suppose he'll fly into Bismarck or Fargo (I need to book a flight, hotel & car) and now I just need the name of a town for him to stay in that is centrally located.....I chose zones 2 & 3 for him to hunt in (even though I am truly clueless).

There have been SO many helpful people posting messages to me..I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks for your advice! Keep it coming.....

Robin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I was reading the "free dinner" post from a few months back and realized that everyone is pretty possessive of their hunting territory (rightfully so, I know, because my husband is the same way out here on the Eastern Shore), so I just wanted to thank those of you who offered fantastic guidance to me while planning his trip in October. I assure you that he is only going for a few days and he's a really great guy who is totally respectful of other hunters!!!!!!

Cheers,
Robin

·
Banned
84 Posts
not sure where you are in planning but couple of thoughts, look at renting from budget, they have had good deals in the past for ford ranger pick up trucks and small SUV's. I beleive out of fargo is the best chance. depending on the site both would be 4x4's which are nice to have in ND.

for plane tix Northwest will fly from BWI to fargo, and have a deal on now for the fall. If he's bringing a dog NW only charges $80 from what I can tell.

A map a ND gazeteer by delorme is a really good thing.

other things to think about are decoys, either ship them to himslef or buy a cheap dozen when he gets out there, cooking stove.

If you have any questions PM me, I am near annapolis md, I have taken a dozen or so trips out there and would help with more info and tips to either you or your husband once he gets his present.

BTW as a single young guy, I only dream of a future wife doing something like this, its great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your husband ends up flying into Fargo that weekend, I have a few dozen extra mallard decoys in decoy bags that he could use for the weekend to save the hassle of trying to find some or ship some. I live in Fargo so he could just get them when he flies in. As long as he drops them off when he is done, that is all I ask. Let me know if that is something that would help you out in your planning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts