North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
5 takeaways from the New York A.G.’s sweeping lawsuit against Trump (msn.com)

A good read about this thing that happened today in NY.

It talks about how he over valued property to gain loans. Which we have talked about before.

It talks about how it is a CIVIL suit right now and could possibly be a criminal one. But not 100% sure.

There are some discrepancies in this suit because there is a "disclaimer" attached to much of the financial stuff Trump submitted. But again... is this disclaimer legal or not. Did he use it as actual financial statements or not. That is the question that will be figured out in court.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION..... is where did some of this new info come from?? If it came from the Mar Lago raid... were they covered in the warrant or not? Was this obtained illegally?

I know many are thumping their chests saying... WE GOT HIM... well not so sure. BTW something that will be brought up is about how this AG has had it in for Trump even before she was elected. Shows many videos of her hate towards Trump. Again dont know if it is actually the case or not.

I am just waiting to see if they can possibly charge with criminal stuff or not.

Like I always say is go after him if he did things wrong and illegal. He is not above the law. But on that note they need to do the same to everyone else who did this. Need to go after people who used political info for stock gains... go after peoples kids who did illegal things (Hunter), need to follow the same procedure and protocol that they have done in the past on these situations. You know PRECEDENT.

But again... just because charges were brought up doesn't mean a thing. I mean do I need to keep saying.... Russia... oh wait.. nothing.... Ukraine... oh wait... nothing... etc.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trump has painted himself into a corner with his statements and lies.
He has been stealing from the people of the USA for years it would appear.
Worse yet he trained his kids to do the same.
Just remember the law was finally able to lock Al Capone up for...Tax Evasion!!!

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Actually he wasn't stealing from "the people of the USA"... He was stealing from banks. That is what they have him for.

He over valued his properties to get loans or to secure financing and what not. IE: He bought a property for $1M and then a year later said it was worth $50M so he could use that as collateral to get financing for something else and what not. THAT IS WHAT THEY HAVE HIM ON. Not so much "tax evasion" but more or less fraud because of representation to a financial institution. There is a difference. Also same goes for what the penalties are for each thing. But again... the media wont actually cover the truth on this. All they can say is either... WE GOT HIM AND HE IS A FRAUD.... or HE DID NOTHING WRONG... when it is actually in between.

Another question to ask is WHY DIDNT THE FINANCIAL OR BANKS DO THEIR DUE DILLIGENCE AND INVESTIGATE THE VALUATIONS....ie: Appraisals, risk managers and underwriters look at his portfolio, etc. Is that why our banking industry keeps getting "bailed" out.

I am not sticking up for what he did at all. But there needs to be responsibility by all on this one. It is like if I taped $100 bills to the outside windows of my business and anyone walking down the sidewalk could grab them. Is that stealing... YES.... but am I an idiot for doing it .... YES.

More needs to come to light on all of this. Also along the lines of where did this "new" info came from. Like I mentioned if it came from Mar lago.... this case will be thrown out in a blink of an eye because it is evidence obtained wrong or illegally.

·
Administrator
19,945 Posts
He over valued his properties to get loans or to secure financing and what not.
Isn't this a common practice with the wealthy? If you and I go to the bank for a $450k loan on a house the bank has someone go out and do an evaluation. If someone very successful wants $50 million for a project many banks don't want to turn them down when they are worth a billion dollars. Think about it, if you were worth $25 million and you wanted a loan for a one million dollar house do you really think the bank will turn you down? This is no business of the gov in a free society, especially a capitalist society. This is between lender and barrower.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here then does this not tick you off just a bit? Did you contribute?

"While former President Donald Trump's Save America PAC claims that its donors will be "the Patriots who SAVED AMERICA," it has been discovered that much of the PAC's money is being used for Trump's personal expenses, including payments to his wife Melania Trump's fashion designer. "

the Federal Elections Commission “does not allow candidate committees, which are formed to raise money for a specific candidate, to spend money on personal items, including clothing.”

·
Administrator
19,945 Posts
I think like all the other stories this is simply another one. It reminds me of all the asinine hippy conspiracy theories the pot smokers had in college.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
EDIT: It is coming to light that the NY AG is suing Trump for money he borrowed and PAID BACK already. So let me get this straight... if this was so "bad" then why isn't the banks doing the suing?

This just goes to my point below. Also my point above about the NY AG and her outcry about Trump in the past...ie: I WILL GET HIM.

Canuck....

YOu bring that up.... But many, many, many politicians have done the same thing. YOu know what ends up happening... COURT FINES THEM and then Makes them pay back the money.

Obama Campaign Fined Big for Hiding Donors, Keeping Illegal Donations (usnews.com)

I mean you can just do a simple google search and fine many campaign finance laws that get broken every year by politicians on all sides of the political spectrum.

Is it wrong... YES. But again precedent has been set on how courts handle all of this.

I will also wait and see how all of this turns out in NY but i will make this prediction... It isn't as bad as what the media is making it out to be.

Also I firmly believe all of these lawsuits and court things (including Mar Lago) is to keep him from running again for president. Because soon it will be time for him to announce if he will or wont. They want keep Trump in the media in a bad light for as long as they can.

I would bet that if Trump would have stated He will not run for office about 3 months ago... a lot of this wouldn't have happened. The Mar lago wouldn't have been raided they would have still just been doing the retrieval behind closed doors.

If you dont think Trump is so engrained into people's heads. They why on twitter they are comparing or attaching Trump to Bret Farve thing going on? yeah... they are trying to make the connection of the funds Farve got that was supposed to go to welfare but went to build a volleyball center and his daughter's college instead to TRUMP. It is also funny some of the same are race baiters saying who come Mike Vick got thrown in jail for dog fighting and Farve isn't getting as much media attention.... SIMPLE.... 1. Vick happened when he was a superstar in the NFL and putting up MVP numbers and what not. Farve has been retired from the NFL for 14 years. Yeah... attention grabbing headlines. I am sure there are young football fans right now who have no clue who Farve is. But back when Vick got arrested many kids knew who he was, had his jersey, collected his cards, had him on their fantasy football team, etc.

Anyways... back on track is that the media will keep looking for TRUMP stuff or try to ty him and others to anything. Because they know the click bait. Plus he is so embedded in their heads it isn't even funny.

·
Administrator
19,945 Posts
My candidate would have been DeSantis because he is polished Trump. However Trump has been so unjustifiable persecuted he deserves to come back and finish the fine work he was doing. My only worry is Biden has brought us so close to the brink of nuclear war I dont know if it can be avoided. If Trump wins which I am sure he woukd the democrats will want nuclear war to blame him for. None of them are far from different than the guy who run over and killed a teenager here in North Dakota. Most of them speak of Trump with hate dripping from their lying tongues.

Reactions: speckline
1 - 13 of 13 Posts