1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
843 Posts
That is way cool. What a rush that would have been.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Kelly Hannan said:
that could be bad with that calf right there. Awesome
Yah thats for sure, ive been charged/chased by cows with calfs before and its kinda scary when 800lbs of ticked off momma is comin your way. Seen my dogs about crap them selves when they rushed a cow with calf, they got within a few feet when the cow lowered its head flattened out its ears and grunted like crazy and started there way. Those pups litterally put on there e brakes and pulled 1-80's. Pretty crazy video though, talk about being scent free.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i got that email yesterday. Pretty much unreal! I would of crapped my pants!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Evidently the hunters never realized the DANGER they were in. A cow Moose can stop you into a mud hole in a matter of seconds. The instinct to protect her young is too strong. Simply put the hunter and the photographer were helpless after the animal came within a few feet. It was a great video but it would have gotten much more popular if things had gone wrong. Mike

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I would have probably crapped myself. Aren't moose the deadliest animal in North America?

Awesome footage.

G

·
That just reminds me once again, you don't get that kind of experience sitting at the mall/theater/computer. You have to get outdoors and enjoy! Thanks Plainsman, I'm going outside.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Aw moose....not the smartest animal around but very neat to be around and observe.

As someone said above those guys were SOL if they didn't have a tree to get behind or some obstruction but as close as she was if she wanted to stomp them I'm not sure they could of used it. The few summers I worked in Alaska we had moose encounters daily and never had much of a problem but we had one cow and calf that claimed the edge of the headquarters parking lot as theirs. We knew about this cow and her temperament and watched out for her, many times she ran us back in the building but if someone showed up that didn't know about her it could of been bad. I'm not positive but I thought I read somewhere that more injuries and deaths are caused by cow moose than bulls, cows are the ones to watch out for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spend a lot of time in maine and I am scared of the cows. Shoot, I am scared of the calves! They are all BIG. When you see the BIG bulls that are 1,000+ pounds. It is truly majestic! But not like that...! :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts