North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the last time the White House was vacated? Remember the missing china and furniture? Remember the damage (vandalism) within the White House? I suppose when a liberal does these things it's social activism or what's that favorite term of theirs when they break the law? Maybe someone can help an old geezer with a senior moment on that one. Oh, I got it, Civil Disobedience, although it isn't that civil.

I don't bet on things often, but I am confident you will see nothing of the sort as Bush leaves. I expect him to treat Obama with dignity, to help in every way he can, and to leave the White House as he found it or better. Watch and gain a lesson in class and dignity.

On the other hand for the past eight years the democrats have acted like a troupe of monkeys. When they lost in Florida the first money started chattering like one who had seen a leaf blow in the breeze and thought it was a Leopard. Then all the monkeys took up the chatter and warned of the predator. Years latter young monkeys who had never seen a Leopard took up the chatter. In the end the whole troupe is chattering about a non existent predator. I wonder how long the monkeys will chatter?

On the other hand I seen a public service announcement this morning. It said Obama your ready to lead, we are willing to help. Wow, I never seen any such courtesy given to any other president. Obama is being handed this nation on a silver platter. He has everything going for him. It would take incompetence beyond belief to screw this up. We are all giving him a chance which is something Bush never got. Conservatives are a class act. :D

After every election this nation has a chance to come together. When the republicans have won in the past they were met with vindictivness. Will the democrats also be vindictive when they win? Their behavior needs to be watched so that all who observe may see who these people are. They have the stage, let us all see what they are made of, good or bad. They are not off to a good start taking steps to punish Lieberman.

·
Registered
652 Posts
and please forgive me if I read your post and I fee like :puke: ... because there are PLENTY of repugnant republicans. Ted Stevens comes to mind immediately... but those good folks of Alaska still think he should be a senator once again.... corruption charges notwithstanding.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and please forgive me if I read your post and I fee like :puke:
:fiddle:

because there are PLENTY of repugnant republicans. Ted Stevens comes to mind immediately... but those good folks of Alaska still think he should be a senator once again.... corruption charges notwithstanding.
Couldn't agree more except for the demeaning part about Alaska folks. No wonder the world is cursed with racism. Simply because a VP candidate that you don't like came from Alaska you judge them all. Yup, another tolerant, non bias liberal. That was real poor seabass. :eyeroll: Nothing like comments to bring America together. :D With that kind of thinking we would not be the UNITED States, we would still be triable and raiding each others vilages. Thank God for conservatives.

Like I said, watch and learn class and dignity.

·
Registered
652 Posts
That was real poor seabass.
What are you talking about Palin for? I said Ted Stevens. I do not recall ever commenting about Palin on this site. Yeah, maybe it is just us dems who found it shocking that the Alaskans still want him in :eek: But wait, didn't mcCain ask that he step down too? and several other republicans? Hmmm...

Nothing like comments to bring America together.
That was exactly what I was thinking when I read your post. The theme of your post was nothing but divisive. I can't imagine that you think dems would read your post and expect that you are trying to bring people together... right... :lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Plainsman said:
No wonder the world is cursed with racism.
Your comment got me thinking about other posts I've seen here regarding so-called "reverse racism" (I think that was the label?) that black voters were said to be practicing because they voted for Obama based on his skin color. But, is there a term we use for white people who vote for a white candidate despite being convicted of criminal charges?

I guess what I am getting at is that black people voting for Obama were much maligned on this forum… But evidently there is absolutely nothing wrong for people in Alaska (predominantly white) to vote for Ted Stevens despite his criminal convictions? What if Ted Stevens was black and Alaska was predominantly black? Boy, if I were a betting man, I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune about the good people of Alaska, no?

http://www.adn.com/elections/story/579005.html

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your comment got me thinking about other posts I've seen here regarding so-called "reverse racism" (I think that was the label?) that black voters were said to be practicing because they voted for Obama based on his skin color. But, is there a term we use for white people who vote for a white candidate despite being convicted of criminal charges?
Yes, there is a term, it's called stupid.

I guess what I am getting at is that black people voting for Obama were much maligned on this forum… But evidently there is absolutely nothing wrong for people in Alaska (predominantly white) to vote for Ted Stevens despite his criminal convictions? What if Ted Stevens was black and Alaska was predominantly black? Boy, if I were a betting man, I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune about the good people of Alaska, no?
:eyeroll: Oh, come on now willy. The last time the people of Alaska voted for Stevens I'll bet 90% had no idea what he was pulling off. I bet he takes a dive this time. What an idiot he is. You know who those people in Alaska remind me of Willy? They remind me of you and me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Plainsman said:
Yes, there is a term, it's called stupid.
fair enough. But these "stupid" people DID know... he was basically re-elected on Tuesday, a few weeks after the courts decision. Check out the link!

Oh, come on now willy.
Okay, last time you accused ( :p ) me of being Canadian... now I'm "willy." What gives? :wink:

I know what the problem is... deer opener. You're excited. I'm excited. I've gotta get to my stand!

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, last time you accused ( ) me of being Canadian... now I'm "willy." What gives?
Oh, crap, senior moment again. :D

I'm more disappointed with deer opener than excited. The roads where I am going are still closed and all I have is four doe license. Oh well, get to camp out and listen to the coyotes. Maybe I'll stick something with the bow.

Good luck to you seabass.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Plainsman,

Us old guys must think alike....... :lol:

I had this same thought... At least the Bushs' won't take the silver or break the china when they leave :-?

The deer opener is for amatures anyway I always did better at the end of the season. Good luck

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
seabass said:
and please forgive me if I read your post and I fee like :puke: ... because there are PLENTY of repugnant republicans. Ted Stevens comes to mind immediately... but those good folks of Alaska still think he should be a senator once again.... corruption charges notwithstanding.
Did you ever think that the democrat just plain sucked that was running and they all know that Stevens will be required to be replaced?

Or should they have just voted against what they wanted?

Nice to see tolerance when the free will of the people doesn't go your way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.