North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Chief Of Staff or Enforcer?

944 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bgunit68 
#1 ·
Here are a few thing I've found just after a short search about Mr. Emanuel:

Mr. Emanuel, who received training in ballet as a boy, has shown no lightness of step in his political career: would-be enemies are advised to heed the story of a pollster who wronged him and promptly received a large, decomposing fish in the mail.

The intense, eventually successful campaign took a serious toll on him. Colleagues reported that amid a discussion over a celebratory dinner about which political figures had earned the new president's enmity, Mr. Emanuel became so enraged that he grabbed a steak knife, stood up and began reciting a list of names, plunging the knife into the table and shouting "Dead! Dead! Dead!" after each one.

Reflecting on his own foul-mouthed, attack-dog style, Mr. Emanuel has said: "I wake up some mornings hating me too." Commentators have suggested that Mr. Obama, who ran a lofty campaign based on national unity and bipartisanship, has recognized the need to employ a tough enforcer to push through his policies.

#2 ·
kind of sounds like Karl Rove?

#4 ·
KEN W said:
His job is protecting Obama.And he is the perfect guy for it.
As long as your not the guy sitting next to him at a steak dinner :lol:

#8 ·
I think hes a good choice and it shows some good judgement on the part of Mr. Obama.

Hes also a good choice for another reason he is Jewish and that is going to send a signal to Ahmadijad.

#9 ·
KEN W said:
southdakbearfan said:
He wont last long, i predict less than 18 months before a major screw up forces him to be replaced.
Just like Karl Rove.
Ken, Bush and everyone will be gone from Washington soon, and the election loss in Florida has been a long time. Go hunting. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.