North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Nothing scares me more than the thought of ND becoming an AR or LA. The sad thing is I think it's going that way. :eyeroll:

Only time will tell, but with how bad the season was down south last year I've already talked to several guys from down south who want to hunt north of the Mason-Dixon this coming fall and guess where they want to go to? :roll:

I even had one guy from AR ask me in a PM about buying land by Minot, wondering if it was any good for ducks? He's never even been to ND and him and his buddy want to buy land for duck hunting and to also avoid a cap (which I informed him wouldn't exempt him from any cap since there are no gratis licenses issued). It really scared the crap out of me...but at least I was able to inform him how hunting differs from AR up here and how to hunt; by freelancing. Yet, you have to wonder how many more guys are like that?

As for the Governor, I dunno...From what we've seen of him so far would make me believe he'd open the floodgates. On the other hand I've heard "pheasantgate" shook him up pretty well and having a cap of 30,000 since it's now the status quo wouldn't really suprise me especially if 2048 loses by a close vote.

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Dick is right, we've already got a lot accomplished...but we have to remember that everything could be in vain if 2048 gets shot down in the house.

I think the key to getting this thing passed is not by having us write letters, because we already have been (and obviously will continue to do so). We all need to get NEW guys to write their reps and urge them to pass 2048 and to also shoot down any lame duck amendments that will be attempted to be attatched. I know at least five guys who I've talked to about signing up for the e-tree that haven't done it yet. We need to stress to these guys that THIS IS IT! It's now or never and if they don't do anything to help this bill pass the house than they will have no right to complain about how bad the hunting is in future years. It's very easy for a lot of people to ***** about how bad it is, but I've come to find it can often be a lot harder to actually get those same people to do anything about.

Just think if everyone who's writing letters, e-mails and calling can each get at least two more people onboard to do the same. It would really make a difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.