North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those out there that don't have a trailer to transport all your FB decoys, how do you do it? I'm lookin for some tips on how to carry decoys without spending 100 bucks on bags, and keepin the deeks in good shape. I've heard of people just using plastic bags and piling them in pickups, but if anyone else has ideas that would be awesome!

·
Registered
620 Posts
it all depends on the decoys you have. If you have BigFoots then I wouldn't worry about it...just throw them in your pickup and use a cargo net to keep them in place. If you have Avery's or some other type that requires care......good luck without bags. Maybe try some sort of blanket. Place it between your decoys or wrap them up in it. FYI you can buy a good pickup box trailer with topper for your decoys for like $150-$300, depending on who is selling it.

hope that helps

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I know that this sounds like a line since we have been "dealing" on some Higdon decoys, but since I sold my trailer I haven't used any of my bigfoots. If I didn't have an 8 year old at home that seems pretty excited about hunting, I would sell those that I do have. I have used only higdons and mallard decoys in the field and have had chances for plenty of geese. I also have a hitch haul carrier to transport some decoy bags as well.Otheriwse get a cargo net to hold down all the full bodies in the back of the pick up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
another idea for the back of your pickup as far as the bed is concerned get old pieces of carpet to just lay in your box on the sides and floor..seems to help with the where and tear of throwing them in the bed..usually it isnt too hard to find the old carpet call carpet store seem if the can save you some torn out of a house or if they have old stuff laying around..this might at least help with the truck bed and the sides

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If you have flocked heads, use old tube socks to protect them. Other than that, if all you have to transport is a pickup truck, then everyone else has given you about as good of advice as is possible. You don't have a lot of options...

·
Registered
76 Posts
well i have avery fullbodies and all i do it remove the heads and tuck the legs in and put them in either grain seed or grass seed bags they seem to work just right i i've had my deovys scince august 24 and flocking is still %100 still but just a suggestion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.