North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just got one this year for my Rem. 870 12 gauge and I have seen a difference in pattern compared to my factory choke and I have seen a difference in dead birds. Only two or three cripples and those were like 60-65 yd shots.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Great chokes, that's all I use in my 870's for both lead & steel.

I have all three range types, but use the Mid-Range for 90% of all hunting. throws great 25-40 yard patterns with steel 2's-BB's, which is pretty much all I shoot at waterfowl and as far as I care to shoot at them. Throws equally good short mag loads of lead 6's-4's for late season pheasants.

Not only are they great shooting & top quality, but you can buy 2 or 3 for the price of a single Pattermaster, Kick's, or Haydel's. Wished I had tried them before I sunk the money into the three Haydel's DPX chokes for my BPS.

·
Registered
354 Posts
For once I agree with Bareback, I have a Carlson's extended mod which they claim to be a full choke restriction if you talk to the Carlson's rep. It's a solid tube, better than factory, but its not a snow goose tube. Inside 40 its great beyond that its too loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts