North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Us residents of nd were wondering what everybody thinks of the new proposal from the nd game and fish advisory meetings? I think its great the non-res can still hunt but not all at the same time and not as many. I want to get some feedback keep it honest and clean - I dare you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
""not as many" doesn't bother me as long as I have my license in time, heh! :eek:
2- 5 day weeks, if they enforce that one, they probably wont have to worry about any cap, I know several NR's will probably still do it,
but I also PERSONALLY know several that wont, including myself.

But it sounds to me that this really isn't one of the main issues,
just from what i have gathered reading this forum.

how was the trip back home? any birds?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't like caps. I do understand that they MAY be needed in some areas. I support this if the resource can not support the pressure. I do not support caps due to residents hunters feeling like less pressure improves their experience. It is hard for me to believe that the Pheasant and Geese populations can not stand the hunting pressure. Ducks may be different.

I see this issue of caps as generating a lot of bifurcating of those with outdoor interests. I believe what "WE" could get done and that would be beneficial to "ALL" our interests is focusing on habit improvements and securing public access. Good habitat and good public access will reduce the perceived need of many nonresidents to use guides or leases.

If we split the interests into urban and rural or resident and nonresident we will spend more time fighting then getting things accomplished.

I would love to see more zoning to spread out pressure without reducing the opportunities to raise revenues and for people to have the outdoors experiences.

I would love to see increase in fees. These fees can be tied directly to securing increased habitat and access.

Capping the number of days a nonresident can hunt pheasants does VERY little to improve anything. I would rather see upland game stamps that are valid for short periods. So that way the guy that wants to come from out of state and hunt for 7 days in October and then come back for another 7 days n November can and the Game and Fish people can have a little extra revenues from his effort.

I would love to see a plan that will engage business interests, agricultural interests, and sportsmen's (both residents and nonresidents) interests. I think that a plan that focused on raising revenues and habitat and access would be supported by the majority of these entities. If approaches are taken that pulls these interests apart now … may never be to pull them together again and lose this opportunity.

Just an opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts