North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lawmakers sound the alarm on Biden's plan to cancel student loan debt: 'Crazy idea' (msn.com)

This quote in the article is all you really need to know about it if they actually do cancel any student debt...

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan cheered Biden's plans, and encouraged him to "do it."

"Canceling federal student debt could be a game changer ahead of the midterms. Activists energized, base enthused, young people turning out again. And the best part: Joe Manchin wouldn’t be able to do a single damn thing to stop Joe Biden from doing it," Hasan said.
and another quote from the article:

"There are three big electoral reasons to forgive student loan debt," Bacon wrote. "To appeal to younger voters and those with debt, to please the Democratic base, and to give Biden’s presidency momentum."
It isn't a move to try and boost the economy or try to help with jobs or try to stop inflation... .or anything like that.

IT IS PURE POLITICAL PLOY TO GET VOTERS FOR THE MIDTERMS.

They are trying to play people like pawns.... period. This just shows you how ALL our political leaders think.

Now like i have stated before is that they need to keep the FED out of the student loan program all together.

In my opinion it will do a few things...

1. MAKE COST OF COLLEGE GO DOWN.
If banks are more stringent on how much they give out to students colleges cant just keep increasing costs. Because.... WHERE WOULD THERE MONEY COME FROM. Now it wont happen over night but it will stop the increased or dramatic acceleration of costs.

2. It would help could help with our national debt. IE: stop owing ourselves money.

3. It might make younger people go into trades or military. The GI bill is still going but many might not go into the military because they can "just get a loan". Well now if they can't get the full amount for a certain college... join the National Guard and get your schooling paid for. I had 4 friends (20 years ago) do this and got their schooling paid for.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BL.... correct. This is a direct slap in the face to anyone who paid them off. To the people who chose a less expensive college, who chose to get a masters and possibly have that paid for by their place of employment, those who worked 3+ jobs to pay it off, those who worked thru college to graduate with ZERO debt, those who busted their butts to get scholarships/grants, those who went into the Military to get it paid for, etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,759 Posts
We are now working hard to pay off the wife's student loans and are saving to help our kid thru college so she can have a leg up in life. I will be ****** if they forgive these loans. Not my fault people got degrees in Lesbian Dance Theory.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BL... correct. Or had to go to the most expensive college instead of going to a Tech, 2 year, or smaller 4 year that didnt cost as much.

I will also talk about this. I am a part of a football booster club and we give out scholarships to anyone who participated in schools football program 9-12 grades. They have to meet minimum standards.....2.0 GPA, no tobacco/drug/alcohol violations, etc. Anyways.... we have about 10 Seniors who actually meet the qualification. You know how many applied? FIVE!!!! All they have to do is write a small little essay saying how football/sports helped them develop as a person. We give the scholarship to anyone going into a 2 year, trade, 4 year school.... WE ALSO EXPANED IT to anyone going into the service we would give them the "scholarship" after they completed basic. It isnt that big of a cash value ($300). But half the kids didn't apply. Here is another kicker..... to get the funds all you have to do is give us your 1 st semister/quarter grades and then we release the check. I have been apart of this board for 15 years. WE STILL HAVE MONEY/CHECKS for about 10 kids who never turned in the grades!!!! This shows you how lazy some kids are. Or if their parents dont do the things for them. Those things dont get done. I think this is why you have some screaming for "debt" relief. The ones busting their ***** off to get thru college and pay for it are not the ones kicking and screaming.

Anyways... I will get off my soap box on this one for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts