North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snows are taking their sweet time up here in Saskatchewan. Not a whole lot coming or going, not as many birds as the past 2 years but a lot more hunters.

Other than Sunday, it's not going to be very cold up here for the next week so it'll probably be November again this year for the masses to hit the states.

Don't get me wrong though......hunting is still good.

(okay, my one post of the trip...didn't realize the farmer had wireless)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Saw a fair push of birds yesterday with the North wind. Nothing in big strings yet but I'd say flocks from 1,000 to 5,000 were pushing S SE from about 10:00am to 1:30. A lot of the birds are feeding in the mornings going back to the roost for about 30min to an hour to water up and then they have been moving out of the area. Roost numbers are changing constanly throughout the day, ya loose some then get some.

·
Registered
64 Posts
cgreeny said:
Pikeguy said:
I leave for ND in 17 hours...not the report I was hoping for!

Enjoy the rest of your trip Chris :beer:
Don't worry Pike there are plenty of birds here in ND, just not as many as in Canada. One really cold day and changes like a blink of the eye.
Thanks
I hear that as I've seen it many times. We'll hope for some cold..but the forecast isn't looking the best.
I'm getting PUMPED anyways. :strapped:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah thats not what I wanted to hear either, I'm sure there's a few around to get a good hunt or 2 in...I been hearing different reports some say theres coming other say its a little off....Guess we'll see I leave on the 24th

Good hunting guys

·
Registered
199 Posts
Plenty of birds and some are quite a ways south already as I saw birds all the way home. 50k using the refuge we were keying on. Only saw two other hunting parties and that was on one day. We were there six! Plenty of places to hunt. Juvies dominated the flocks.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
snowbus said:
Plenty of birds and some are quite a ways south already as I saw birds all the way home. 50k using the refuge we were keying on. Only saw two other hunting parties and that was on one day. We were there six! Plenty of places to hunt. Juvies dominated the flocks.
we were probably one of the other groups you saw? could you tell me where you saw us again? :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
snowbus said:
Sweet. That's more like what I wanted to hear; except maybe the "South" part :wink:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Work sucks. Fall weddings suck more.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Right now all I can be is pumped for the spring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts