North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I sure hope your right Canuck. I'm praying for your continued freedom. I fear if one of our countries falls we both fall. We are sort of joined at the hip.

· Registered
7,623 Posts
OH WOW.... yep political suicide for sure.

Here is my question... what is different from the M1 and M3 Benelli shotguns and the super black eagles?

Want me to tell you the basic difference.... pistol grip and shorter barrel. THAT IS IT! Some will say the extended "mag" capacity. But add on the snow goose extension... and they are about identical.

So let that sink in. The bill stated that it "may" accept. Which is what many of the USA bills state as well.

When they say they are not coming after the "hunting" guns is wrong. They keep verbiage in the bills so that they can and will go after those guns.

· Registered
725 Posts
Here is the killer and complete lack of logic for me...

All guns "capable" of producing 10,000 Joules of energy are now restricted.
A Ruger #1 in .416 Rigby is capable of producing 10,000 Joules of energy.
Therefore, all Ruger # 1's are banned.

All semi-autos that have a detachable clip that holds more than 5 shells are restricted.

This legislation will not pass.

So Chuck, yes as long as I have an open deer tag I can kill two wolves. I finally filled one of my dags a couple days ago. The weather is about to turn really cold. The last two days it has snowed a foot.

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The weather is about to turn really cold. The last two days it has snowed a foot.
Brrrr the older I get the more my old bones don't like the cold. A month ago I had surgery on my right middle finger. They call it trigger finger when arthritis on the tendon gets so big it doesn't want to go in the sheath at the base of the finger. It was so bad that when it got cold I had to use my other hand to bend it in the morning so I coukd close my hand. Now I'm working on that finger so it will straighten out.
Throw another log on the fire and stay warm Canuck.
One of the bucks that was eating corn in my back yard got smacked on the highway a mile west of my house. He was still warm when I found him and I was tempted to take the backstraps. I thought maybe the meat was all bloodshot after a vehicle hit so I passed.

· Registered
725 Posts
I have the "trigger finger" and have an appointment to see a surgeon about it. I can hardly put on a glove and I can't let go of the peanut butter jar lid when I take it off the jar. Was the surgery worth while?

I am finishing cutting and wrapping my first deer today and, like you, the cold doesn't get me too excited about going out after another deer.

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I had one on the left hand done 20 years ago, and that was done by my general doctor. He simply numbed the area and did it while I was fully awake. Last month they had an anesthesiologist and the whole bit. My doctor 20 years ago was about $500. I dont have all the bills yet and am already at $4000 +.
The trigger finger was painful, and exercises to keep my finger flexible are painful, but after a month it's getting a lot better. It's more painful to stretch it open now than to make a fist. About an hour after I take my Celebrix in the morning it gets very limber with very little pain. Evidently most of the pain is from inflimation.
For the first two weeks the pain from surgery and the required exercises is about equal to the pain of trigger finger. After two weeks you start to become happy you had the surgery.(y)

· Registered
725 Posts
I wrote my local MLA regarding the Liberal Party proposed ammendments to Bil C21. As I mentioned, the way the ammendment is worded my Ruger #1 would be restricted!!!

Here is the response I got:

Thank you for writing to share your views regarding the recently proposed amendments to Bill C-21.

Since the Liberals introduced this last-minute change to their firearms bill — introduced without New Democrats knowledge or consent — many hunters have raised concerns regarding the potential impact of these changes. We are taking these concerns very seriously and are pressing the government for clarity on how this will impact hunters.

The goal of this legislation was to get dangerous handguns off our streets, not criminalize hunters. Again, we will continue to press the Liberals to ensure that hunters, farmers, and Indigenous people are not targeted by these changes.

What's more, we will not support amendments to the Bill that ban guns primarily used for hunting or protecting farm animals from predators. We will not support amendments to the Bill that do not respect treaty rights and the rights of Indigenous people.

There is still time to do this right and you can rest assured that your concerns will inform our actions on this important legislation.

Best regards,

NDP Team

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That was encouraging that you got a respectful response. It's also good of you to take part in the process. Unfortunately many only complain about what is happening, but do nothing, then say I told you so when bad things do happen. (y)

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
21 - 30 of 30 Posts