North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so went out and bought a decent call to try and learn the basics of calling honkers in hopes of getting decent at it. I just purchased a Foiles straight meat call. But I was wondering about what the best videos/Cd's were that a person can get ahold of for this purpose. I did purchase the Foiles migrators "calling Geese" also any input will be greatly appreciated thanks!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
bad grammar isnt bad if you can stand to listen to the guy, he bugs the shiat out of me. "This call should be called THERE DEAD cause they are" "I even blow this call after the geese are dead" Scotty has a ego.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The RNT CD series with Kelley Powers is really good IMO. The DVD's mentioned are good, but I always seemed to spend more time practicing in the truck than at home in front of the TV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the cd that comes with the pit boss call is an ok dvd, that call and dvd is what i started with. it got me goin but it takes a lot of practice. just sit by yourself and practice until you guts and cheeks hurt. try different sounds and calls until you figure em out

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
But I do highly recommend the Bad Grammar DVD. I don't think the guy has as bad of an attitude as most people say, but if you key in on his phrases and don't pay high amounts of attention to his teachings it does get annoying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.