North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that Cabelas is getting into the real estate business....buying up property that would/could normally be open to the general public. This was in today's paper: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... /706250302

Folks out here are sending their Cabelas catalogs back to them in protest (including myself).....seems odd that they want to sell all their stuff to us deer hunters and then buy up the land we have to use their stuff on.

We had a building supply store out here a few years ago that decided to get into building houses. Guess what? All of the contractors didn't think too kindly of it and took their business elsewhere. That not only ended the store from building houses but put them into bankruptcy. Maybe Cabelas needs to think twice about where they're headed.......

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we are their bread and butter...whether it be Cabelas, Gander Mountain, or whoever. Quit buying from them, send back their catalogs, and it won't be long before they won't have money to buy up our hunting lands. What they are doing is wrong. Bottom line. Your local sports shop would also probably appreciate a little more business also. He won't be buying up your favorite hunting spots.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's called free interprise. If you don't like Cabela's don't buy from them but they will be open in the morning. They are providing a servce for hunters looking for property, The landowner that is selling thier land desirve the best price possible. Times are changing, face it hunting is be coming BIG bussines,

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

With all due respect......that does not mean we have to accept it. I for one will not! I see where you are coming from but I will fight it until the bitter end.

Free enterprise? Sure thing. Free enterprise when it comes to hunting? I would have to say SCREW YOU!!! That is just me man........

I will NOT waver on this........................EVER!!

·
Registered
151 Posts

With all due respect......that does not mean we have to accept it. I for one will not! I see where you are coming from but I will fight it until the bitter end.

Free enterprise? Sure thing. Free enterprise when it comes to hunting? I would have to say SCREW YOU!!! That is just me man........

I don't agree with 280 either, but have a question. Do you buy from any place that does this sort of a thing?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
jhegg,

You don't owe me anything. Nevertheless, I would be happy to have a beer with you sometime. :beer:

bowtechin,

I buy the majority of my stuff from Scheels. I don't know, do they do this type of thing?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I buy the majority of my stuff from Scheels. I don't know, do they do this type of thing?
Unless things have changed, they do own some of, if not the majority of the cannonball pheasant club. All the local sporting goods stores have some "land affiliation" I would guess.
Who ya gonna buy from now Jiffy??? :eek: :eek: :wink:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Jiffy,
Some time in the next month or two, I am going to cook up a flat-iron steak or two over charcoal. Would you be interestested in attending? Of course, I would have to invite MossyMo and his wife.
Jim

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Jiffy said:

Aaahh come on Jiffy, tell us how you REALLY feel. :p

I buy very little hunting stuff from Cabela's any more. Most of the stuff I've been getting lately has been from the classified sections of hunting sites, or Egay. I like the idea of sending back the catalog in protest.

huntin1

·
Registered
2 Posts
It appears that Cabelas is getting into the real estate business....buying up property that would/could normally be open to the general public. This was in today's paper: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... /706250302

Folks out here are sending their Cabelas catalogs back to them in protest (including myself).....seems odd that they want to sell all their stuff to us deer hunters and then buy up the land we have to use their stuff on.

We had a building supply store out here a few years ago that decided to get into building houses. Guess what? All of the contractors didn't think too kindly of it and took their business elsewhere. That not only ended the store from building houses but put them into bankruptcy. Maybe Cabelas needs to think twice about where they're headed.......
They have been doing that down right here in Nebraska for years they after that run outfitter operations on the land.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts