North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,575 Posts
I did'nt know that ??? I like to get bargins & I'm not afraid to dicker on price. There are several items I'd buy - but always laughed that the prices were just barely under retail in their catologs. Thanks !!!

· Registered
44 Posts
redlabel said:
Cabela's is in East Grand Forks because the city gave them $7,000,000 to put up their $14,000,000 building. It didn't have anything to do with Dick and Jim's generosity, their accountant told them this is a no-brainer after reading the letter from East Grand Forks. Likewise they are downtown because that's where the barrel with the $7,000,000 was buried.

Cabela's figures that the location cost them about 200,000 visitors a year.
thay had to fill out tons of paper work and i bet the city had to get grants from the fedreal goverment so did Cabelas

· Registered
82 Posts
I'd alsp heard that Gander Mountain sold thier online catalogue rights to Cabelas and is now kicking themselves for it. Whether Cabelas has a monopoly on the hunting/outdoor gear market I can't be sure. THey certainly do set the prices on a lot of items.
I don't think thier archery has ever been all that good. Most of all for those of us who use traditional archery tackle. But that's neither here nor there.
I have been treated the best at Cabelas, but never better than the smaller shops I have been to in the past. If that's all it were about, I'd never need to shop with Cabelas.

Dean Nelson said:
There is a code on the tags telling how much they will move. I will see if I can get it for you.
...and what's the story on this? Has anyone had any good luck bartering with them?

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Where you purchase an item usually doesn't affect the manufactures warranty. Sometimes you just have send it to the factory yourself if the retailer isn't very good. I have had nothing but good results from all Manufactures I have dealt with. :)

· Registered
2,332 Posts
I don't know why a 4 year old thread was resurrected but at the same time I find it hilarious at how things have changed since them. :lol:

Look at the monopolys and how the big box stores have lost their customer service. It's no longer about customer service (that costs too much) it's about keeping costs low and investors happy...the travesty of IPO'ing. My, how things have changed in only a few years... :eyeroll:

· Registered
330 Posts
I have yet to come across a hunting or fishing item that I NEED which I cannot get at Fleet Farm.
Cabelas and the like simply found a way to make people NEED a lot more stuff than they actually do. I have been to Cabelas in Owatonna, EGF and Scheels in Fargo and Sioux Falls. Money spent there to date...$0.00.
Other than Greenhead Gear decoys which I bought from the catalog, I dont think I have spent a dime at Cabelas.
Too commercialized, too glitzy, too overrun by guys who wear cammo like it is a uniform.

· Registered
5,026 Posts
This thread goes back so far Field Hunter actually made sense back then!!!!!!!!! :lol:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.