North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bird shot in N.D. and was really feathered out nice for a Dakota Can. Hope to pop a few of these myself this year. Thanks for checkin' out!

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Absolutely beautiful specimen Rick!

Nice work as always!

Can you add a zoomed in shot that just shows the bird from the back forward?

I love the detail and full plumage of that bird!

Did someone shoot him in North Dakota?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R y a n said:

Nice work as always!

Yep, it was shot by a guy who lives in Pingree. I believe he shot it near Jamestown...Your ol' stompin grounds right? As requested, bird zoomed in.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Rick Acker said:
R y a n said:

Nice work as always!

Yep, it was shot by a guy who lives in Pingree. I believe he shot it near Jamestown...Your ol' stompin grounds right? As requested, bird zoomed in.
Yep my ol' stompin' ground! I missed an easy opportunity at a late season bull a few years back. Bright white plumage on his back, and a huge specimen... one of the biggest I've seen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice mount!

wish I would've had my can bull mounted. Shot it back in 04'. Banded and couldn't read the numbers on it it was so worn down. so i sent it to maryland to have them acid etch it and it came back at over 18yrs old. said it hatched in 1986 or earlier! Wow what a mistake. oh well i do have a picture to prove it atleast!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Milla Tha Killa said:
to bad i cant shoot them in minnesota this year, we shot one almost everytime we went out last year
I concur. I'm kind of peeved we can't shoot any this year. If the DNR had just left it at one a season we'd still have good numbers and we could still shoot them this year. I didn't even get one last year and that was one of my two goals for this season was to bag a bull canvasback. Then I looked in the books and it told me I can't shoot any at all :(

Great mount Rick! If I get my drake pintail this year I think it's going to be sent to you :beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.