North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a lady called Buffalo Gal blog site.
I agree whole heartedly.
Long but worth the read. Like I said before I will never watch Charlie Gibson again.

DID YOU CARRY THE FLAG TODAY, CHARLIE?

My blog title is the exact title of a childrens' book I loved when I first became a school librarian....for me it is a classic story set in 1930's Appalachia where a small rural school has among its students, Charlie, a boy who is a Mute. He does not speak at all but is friendly and loves to learn and play and comes from a loving family of several brothers and sisters plus his parents who are dismayed by Charlie's muteness. But then one day , the teacher chooses Charlie to carry the American flag in a school parade and that is a turning point for the loveable Charlie.

But the title for me today is related to Charlie Gibson, who valiantly attempted to "carry the flag" for his Mainstream Media colleagues when he was the one who got to interview Governor Sarah Palin in her first media interview. Charlie Gibson's "flag" did not have any red stripes of white stars on a blue field...I am not sure what a liberal mainstream media flag would look like but it might have colors that represent arrogance, a know-it-all attitude and a fierce bias for all Liberal candidates in politics. Charlie Gibson, like all his MSM colleagues, have given up the title of "jounalist" and have become, instead, true Political Hacks...cheerleading for Barack Obama first and foremost, and for other Liberals as well. 2007-2008 will go down in our history as the years that REAL objective journalism died and was buried forever amidst a ton of partisan left- commentary instead of reporting, all of it blatantly biased. Among the (Dis)Honor Roll of Hacks- Instead- Of- Journalists would be Gibson, Brian Williams, Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, Chris Cuomo, David Gregory, Dan Rather, the entire staff of reporters for most of the large newspapers a la THE NEW YORK TIMES and the many others.... and on and on, ad nauseum. It would be instructive to list every single one of them... but I have to listen to the Bison game with the U of Wyoming and I do not have time to research it now.

Charles Krauthammer, a Psychiatrist turned Commentator for the WASH. POST did not take very long to write a quick rebuttal of Charlie's interview with Governor Palin. Krauthammer immediately pointed out the huge gaffe committed by Gibson when he launched into his question to Palin, "Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?" Sarah Palin reasonably asked Gibson which part of the Bush Doctrine was he asking her about. But Gibson, sensing a "gotcha moment" refused to tell her. Instead he assumed his most professorial, glower-over-his- nose glasses and across his rounding tummy to hopefully make her speechless. What he actually did was commit a huge gaffe of his own since the Bush Doctrine does not consist of one cardinal policy.

Krauthammer, in taking Gibson to task in his commentary, points out that the origin of the term "Bush Doctrine" was lifted from an essay Krauthammer wrote for the WEEKLY STANDARD of June 4, 2001. Krauthammers essay was titled "The Bush Doctrine: ABM, Kyoto, and the New American Unilateralism". Krauthammer (who was the fisrt to use the term "Bush Doctrine") wrote at that time that the withdrawal from the ABM treaty and rejecting the Kyoto protocol signaled a radical change in American Foreign Policy that should be called, the Bush Doctrine.

But then came 9/11/2001 and the policy of the Bush administration was further enunciated in the "if you are not with us you are against us" speech to the U.S. Congress not long after the attacks of 9/11. Bush had stated to this effect that any nation harboring terrorists would from this day forward (2001) be considered a hostile regime. Secretary of State at the time, Colin Powell issued a 7- point ultimatum to President Musharraf to end Pakistani support of the Taliban...this was a further addition to the Bush Doctrine.

Then came Iraq and a further part of the Bush Doctrine was added....that of preemptive war on nations harboring terrorists or possessing weapons of mass destruction.

This was the small part that Charlie Gibson latched onto----apparently without knowledge that the Bush Doctrine consists of many more parts. It is not a singular docrine such as the historic Monroe Doctrine or even the Truman Doctrine, both of which has essentially one part to them.

I need to quote Krauthammer at this point with the conlusion of his rebuttal to Gibson: "Presidential doctrines are inherently malleable and difficult to define. The only fixed doctrines in American history are the Monroe and the Truman Doctrine which came out of single presidential statements during administrations where there were few other contradictory or conflicting foreign policy crosscurrents. Such is not the case with the Bush Doctrine. Yes, Sarah Palin did not know what it was but neither does Charlie Gibson. And at least she didn't pretend to know---while he looked down his nose over his glasses with weary disdain, 'sighing and sounding like an impatient teacher' as the New York Times noted. In doing so he captured perfectly the establishment snobbery and intellectual condescension that has characterized the chattering classes' reaction to the mother of five who presumes to play on their stage."

Well said. The incredible snobbery and arrogance of the mainstream media goes on even as they cooperate with the legions of Obamaphiles and Obama campaign members who have been dispatched to Alaska in an attempt to dig up more dirt on a candidate by whom they were broadsided when McCain did not consult them in his choice of running mate. No wonder the Obama campaign is faltering...they are so consumed with Sarah Palin that they have lost sight of their own policies and platforms.

Sarah Palin is "One of Us"... as deemed by a vast majority of middle class Americans....she is NOT "One of Them" as defined by the chattering classes represented by Charlie Gibson, who tried hard (but failed) "to carry the flag" for those who consider themselves to be far above the Peons out in the Hinterlands---in other words....us.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
hunter9494 said:
the liberals will lose and rot in hell.
I wish that is what would happen to those communists disguised as liberals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.