North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have experience with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's? I am at the point where I need to put some new tires on my truck and these are the ones I am looking at. Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Hey jgat, I have had the Revos on a Suburban and they were very good. They were exceptional on ice. A tire I like better is the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A. I have used these tires and many others on work trucks used both on and off the road.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
hunt4P&Y said:
Get Nokian Vativa AT's! They are BOMB!
I'd have to agree with Waffle on this one. We have them on one of our trucks and I plan to put them on the other soon.
Great on snow and ice. But they do throw rocks something terrible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have sold tires for a number of years now and the Revo's are by far the best BFG's are like hockey pucks on ice and do not clean out as good as Revo's...the Uni-T ruber that bridgestone is using wears away in layers which means that the rubber does not get cooked hard from road heat. Another tire worth giving thought is the Firestone Destinatin AT....same rubber compound as the Revo but a tread patten that will not throw rocks as bad...great snow and ice traction but is not as good as the Revo in mud......all in all Revo hands down

·
1,405 Posts
I was looking at the revos, but their price kinda seemed a bit much for me. I looked around and found yokohama geolandar a/t-s's for something like $40/tire cheaper. They are similar to the revos. I really like mine. They are great on ice and in snow and mud. I had goodyear workhorses before them and the difference in winter driving was amazing. I rarely even use 4wd last winter with them in ice and snow.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
hunt4P&Y said:
You kidding me? The BFG's are really really hard! AND can't get them in 10 ply DUHH!
Of all the different tires I have had for work and play off road the BFG A/T has been the best. I have had only one flat with them about 8 years ago driving around the AZ desert. Any tire will get a flat through the stuff we were in. I do like the Revo and put those on my wife's rig, but the plain Duelers I really disliked.

You may like the Get Nokian Vativa AT's and the softer rubber, but the softer rubber does not hold up as well on gravel roads. If all you are doing is driving in town or paved roads, that's fine. I drive too many gravel roads.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Longshot said:
Hey jgat, I have had the Revos on a Suburban and they were very good. They were exceptional on ice. A tire I like better is the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A. I have used these tires and many others on work trucks used both on and off the road.

Good Luck.
I see a lot of comments good and bad for the BFGs. My personal experience is this.

I had Bridgestone on my truck 2 winters ago. I got stuck a number of times and had to be pulled out by a dodge. :eek: How embarassing.
They had no traction and on ice they were in fact hockey pucks.

Last winter I had BFG A/T. They cut through the snow and mud like a hot knife. I absolutely love them. Of course I'm only running 8 ply.

That's my expernience.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I got stuck a number of times and had to be pulled out by a dodge. How embarassing.

OUCH! :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I am going to look into the Nokian's and see what I think.

Ruger, were the Bridgestone's you had Dueler Revo's or just plain Duelers?

·
Registered
843 Posts
jgat said:
Thanks for the tips guys. I am going to look into the Nokian's and see what I think.

Ruger, were the Bridgestone's you had Dueler Revo's or just plain Duelers?
Plain Duelers.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
the revos on my dads and a good friends half tons worked great for them in the winter. I have also heard good things about the nokians. My stepdad just got them and I thought he said they were a 60k mile tire. The quick wearing of them would have been my main concern because of how soft they are. I could see them throwing a lot of rocks on gravel as well because of the siping (sp?) on them.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
hunt4P&Y said:
Longshot said:
I got stuck a number of times and had to be pulled out by a dodge. How embarassing.

Man I love pulling you guys out! With my Nokians!

:lol:
As usual a picture of a Dodge on PAVEMENT! :eek: :lol: :rollin:
I couldn't help myself hunt4P&Y.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Longshot said:
hunt4P&Y said:
Longshot said:

HAHA I wish I had the picture of me pulling the Chevy 2500 out of a slough from two weekends ago! Now that was a sight!

There jaws were on the ground! No shizz!

Damn blue platers thinking they can make it through a slough! :beer:

·
Registered
843 Posts
hunt4P&Y said:
Longshot said:
hunt4P&Y said:
Longshot said:

HAHA I wish I had the picture of me pulling the Chevy 2500 out of a slough from two weekends ago! Now that was a sight!

There jaws were on the ground! No shizz!

Damn blue platers thinking they can make it through a slough! :beer:
Hey Hey Hey. Those are citiot blue platers. Those of us in the north woods or farm country understand the limits of 4X4.

It should have read "Damn citiot blue platers thinking they can make it through a slough! " :D

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Ya, most Dodge owners know enough not to drive off the shoulder of the road. :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.