North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have asked for the blind.... will somone please send me some plans?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stryker,

Here is an idea I read about earlier. Take a plastic garbage can with wheels and split it down the sides. Put them top to top and over lap them. silicon them together and maybe put in a few rivets to help hold it together. Put aluminum angle iron around the top edges for support. On the bottom half of the blind where your feet will be(should be the end with the wheels) attach a piece of plywood with bolts. On the top half, put two pieces of plywood and hinge them to the angle iron. Camoflouge to your liking and head out. I guess it makes a good place to carry things out, like shells, deke's, and any other thing you want to bring along. I am going to build one and try it out. Sounds like a great and affordable laydown blind.

prairiehunter

·
Registered
83 Posts
The best blinds.........that are homemaid.......are at www.lewisoutdoors.com.......for about 50 bucks you get the frame for a awesome layout blind. Put it on a piece of plywood, so you don't freeze your butt, add a chair with another piece of plywood and a hinge. Go to home depot and get foam pipe insulation for padding. Then customize the camo as you need it. I used some burlap as the base. It is cheap and you can get a lot of it. Then sew on the proper camo that you need. However the absolute money maker for these blinds are going to a dollar store and buying a whole bunch of "craft style quack grass" and attach it to the blind with elastic straps, or you could go purchase an avery grass mat and cut it into strips and attach it then. For your winter camo.... go to a thrift shop and buy 3 white bed sheets and use safety pins to hold it in place. L8r

·
Registered
10 Posts
styker if you email me your email address i will send you the plans. I have pm you 2 times already and you have never responded. It is your fault for getting them. so i don't want to hear about this again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts