North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a box of Federal Black Cloud BBB. Couldn't load a single one! All of them jambed in the action. These shells are the most expensive waterfowl shot and I think they are garbage! any guys have any luck?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I used a few shells from a box that a buddy got for free. They worked great in my gun and when I hit a bird it was dead.

I won't buy them because they cost too much and they were pretty rough on some breast meat too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought some and used them at the end of the season last year when the ducks had thick coats on them and the wind was blowing pretty hard, too. I had great luck with them. With the less expensive shells, I got some birds that sailed on me. When I switched to BC, they came down. Yes they are expensive. But are worth it in those conditions.

I bought two boxes again this year with hopes that I will get in some late season shoots again. If you want to cut your expense, put the Black Cloud in for your 2nd shot. And don't bother with a 3rd shot. All that does is waste ammo and wound birds.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used black cloud on the recommendations of a post last year and didn't experience any problems with them. Thought they were well worth the money.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well i couldn't tell ya what the problem could be but maybe a dirty gun. Although with my nova i droped it twice in the slough only to pull it out dripping with mud and cycled two more shells through it and shot the next 2 ducks that came by. So I doubt it's because it's dirty but you never know. I have had great luck with black cloud 3's and 3 1/2's and never jammed on me they have only crumpled birds. hope everything works out. :beer:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.