North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been exploring a couple of job opportunities in North Dakota for a few months. My focus originally was on Bismarck, but it appears one of the opportunities may end up being in Fargo. Any insight on the quality of hunting near Bismarck compared to Fargo? General insights on the quality of life in Fargo vs. Bismarck? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just went through the same decision, kind of. I went to NDSU and had job offers in Fargo and Bismarck. We decided to move to Bismarck and so far, we haven't regretted the decision. The people in Bismarck are great (not that they weren't in Fargo). I can keep myself busy every weekend with outdoor activities. The only knock we have against Bismarck is it's a lot longer of a drive to our families than Fargo was. You may not have the same issue, however. Still, we love Bismarck and I think it was a great decision to move out here instead of staying in Fargo.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
My wife and I had to make the same decision a few years ago when we moved back to ND. She grew up in Bismarck, but was leaning toward Fargo because it was a larger city with more shopping. I preferred to go to Bismarck because of the outdoor activities in the area. We decided to move to Bismarck and we are both glad we did. Bismarck over the last couple years has started to bring in many of the same stores as Fargo for which my wife likes and I would not give up the Missouri River area and the closer drive to the Badlands for the Red River Valley area.

Bismarck all the way. IMO

·
Registered
359 Posts
you couldn't pay me to live in Bismarck!!!

I hate when people just state that they would choose Fargo or Bismarck and dont state what the reasons are.
I also dislike when people say they had the choice to make and dont regret it at all... how do they know?

take this with a grain of salt, you are making a pretty big decision when deciding where to live, live in each area for a couple months and choose for yourself.

reasons like: it's awesome, outdoorsman mecca, cooler than Bismarck shouldnt be needed to make a life decision....find out which 1 has more bars and decide accordingly.

good luck

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
fargodawg said:
you couldn't pay me to live in Bismarck!!!

I hate when people just state that they would choose Fargo or Bismarck and dont state what the reasons are.
I also dislike when people say they had the choice to make and dont regret it at all... how do they know?

take this with a grain of salt, you are making a pretty big decision when deciding where to live, live in each area for a couple months and choose for yourself.

reasons like: it's awesome, outdoorsman mecca, cooler than Bismarck shouldnt be needed to make a life decision....find out which 1 has more bars and decide accordingly.
good luck
:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:
Only your justifications make sense right? :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:
:rollin:

·
Registered
359 Posts
longshot: I hope it didnt look as I was justifying either one.

I was simply trying to say research with experience is better than opinions of others in a big decision.

sorry to offend

and the bars part was a joke

:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
No problem, it just made me laugh. :D

I do like Fargo, just prefer Bismarck. I will be heading to Fargo again this weekend. Taking the kids over to trick or treat with their cousins there this year. Haven't made it over for a few months and the wife wants to visit her sister. At least the gun opener is the following weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Born and raised in Bismarck, did some school in Fargo - thought that people I met in Fargo had a serious chip on their shoulders. Love Bismarck, never want to leave. Within an half hour to hour's drive to anything you want to hunt or fish - can't ask for better. Bismarck's starting to catch up to the curve of modernization as well.

Also, in terms of job markets - we have headquarters for most of the energy industry companies here (work in that field), hospitals (that aren't experiencing huge hardships), government (local, state and national), pretty much no matter your walk in life, you can find a suitable job here - just don't want to look at Bobcat. :eyeroll:

Speaking of - hubby's looking for a job - casualty of Bobcat.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts